D&D 5E Favourite DnD Setting

Rogerd1

Adventurer
Okay so let's throw caution to the winds here.

What about all the other settings, Farland, Aetaltis, Grim Hollow, various Cyberpunk settings, Kisarta, Fateforged, Theros, Arkadia, Eberron, Midgard & Southlands, Nightfell, Esper Genesis, Svilland, Symbaroum, Superhero settings, Wildermount, Tales of Arcana.

Just to name a few.

Eh....
The published setting is not to important to me. It's more about the campaign and the people around the table.
I run most everything in the Forgotten Realms. Not because it is the best or my favorite. But because it is convenient.
Greyhawk and Darksun both hold very dear places for me. But I haven't played them in decades and they are not 5E settings.
Eberron, no, not a favorite.
Dragon Lance? No, I dislike this one. Too many holes and just parts I do not in the original setting. We will see what they do with it in 5E. But, given my disdain for it, I will probably never get into it.
Theros is intriguing, and probably where I run my next fantasy campaign.

Shiroiken

Legend
Greyhawk, but Boxed Set/Folio only, plus some adventures. Everything after Gygax left is pretty much trash, although I might selectively steal nuggets. Ghosts of Saltmarsh fits within this time frame.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases