Favourite non-standard polyhedral

aramis erak

Legend
Semi-serious - I really do want to know what strange dice you use or want to use.
I'd like d14, d16, & d18 readily available for dice step systems, giving thus 4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20, 9 steps, in place of the standard five (4-6-8-10-12) of most dice-step systems.

I like the star wars system and L5R5E dice systems, too.

Every game we roll a d34 to see what our random Medusapussy song of the night is.

No, I'm not kidding. The d34 actually belongs to a friend I haven't seen in ages, but I still intend to- someday- return it to him...
I used to have one of these. (1-34 is a common range of numbers for lotteries.)
1642540047050.png

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I have a pair of these "likely fair" non-polyhedral dice from the presenter of this video.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Back in the late 1990s, I saw someone with a set of specially-numbered d12s.
One was a "d2": it was numbered 1-2, six times.
Another was a "d3": numbered 1-3, four times.
Another was a "d4": numbered 1-4, three times.
A fourth was a "d6": you guessed it, numbered 1-6 twice.
And the last one was a standard d12, numbered from 1-12.

I was envious then, and I'm still envious today, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I have been playing a lot with knucklebones (which are 4-sided, but not "fair", in that all sides atre not equally likely to be rolled; they can be used, though, to give an almost-equivalent of d6s).

Photo on 2022-01-18 at 1.38 PM.jpg

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
My favorite non-standard is the d30, no question. (Order of the d30, represent!) Upthread the old Armory tables have been mentioned, but Richard J. LeBlanc over at New Big Dragon Games has been quietly making fantastic d30 products for years. I highly recommend his d30 DM Companion and d30 Sandbox Companion, they are essentials. I will also point people to his blog, Save Vs. Dragon, where he has posted scads of d30 tables for free.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
(This is some epic thread necromancy.)

I used to be on team d16, but at the moment I'm a d14 proponent — you can always generate a random number from 1 to 16 by rolling a d8 and d2, but the d14 is genuinely handy for adding multiples of 7 (or days of the week) to your dice pool. And I have a few weapons in my game that deal 1d7 damage, so it does actually come up from time to time.

My current loadout: 1d4–3d6–1d8–2d10–1d12–1d14.

IMG_20211229_110411.jpg

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I have been playing a lot with knucklebones (which are 4-sided, but not "fair", in that all sides atre not equally likely to be rolled; they can be used, though, to give an almost-equivalent of d6s).
Oh yes! I've played around with knucklebones, too. They give some strange distributions which are similar to-- but definitely not!-- like d6s'.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases