Feast of Legends is a Tabletop RPG Produced By... Wendy's!

"In a realm threatened by frozen beef, only true heroes will rise to defend freshness." It's not often that fast food chains produce tabletop roleplaying games, but it seems Wendy's has decided to be the first! It's a free 97-page PDF and you can download it right now. ‪This game was was created by PR agency by VMLY&R. It was designed by Matt Keck (Twitter link), Tony Marin, and others.

"In a realm threatened by frozen beef, only true heroes will rise to defend freshness." It's not often that fast food chains produce tabletop roleplaying games, but it seems Wendy's has decided to be the first! It's a free 97-page PDF and you can download it right now.

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 19.00.59.png

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 19.00.34.png

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 19.11.55.png

‪This game was was created by PR agency by VMLY&R. It was designed by Matt Keck (Twitter link), Tony Marin, and others.

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
As food: Well, it is fast food. You get what you pay for. I have childhood nostalgia for the frostys...

As a company... well, without going into specifics, there's folks who make good arguments that, as consumers, we might want to go to Burger King instead. Which is a drag, due to the aforementioned frosty-nostalgia being in conflict with wanting to buy from companies I can respect more.
burger king sucks. Only thing worse is McDonald’s

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Here’s the skinny on #FeastOfLegends: it was made by VMLY&R, the agency I worked for before leaving to Andrews McMeel Universal to make #ZweihanderRPG full time. It was designed by Matt Keck (@smugkeck on Twitter), Tony Marin (@tonymarin on Twitter) & several talented former co-workers on the Wendy’s team. It’s a clever, freshly-cooked (but never frozen) RPG!

Attachments

• 4953A143-7140-4770-8049-AD670B2BFE29.jpeg
    4953A143-7140-4770-8049-AD670B2BFE29.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
If you guys aren't watching the playthrough on the Critical Role Twitch stream right now, you are seriously missing out. Missing out on puns. Oh god, the puns.

Seriously, this glorified burger ad is surprisingly playable and fun. 10/10 stars.

neobolts

Explorer
Ok, I'm trying to prep this to run tomorrow and there's some holes.
  • The Strength and Grace stats alude to modifying attacks, but the attack rule doesn't mention modifiers.
  • Arcana is for caster attacks perhaps, but it is unclear what is or isn't a spell.
  • The Graceful weapon property has no mechanics.

MGibster

Legend
Feast of Legends said:
Embracing a near magical sweetness... the Order of the Frosty is perfected in Freshtovia’s only cold zone — a zone that never breaks down and is always there when the citizens need it.

This is truly a wonderful time to be alive, folks. The above quote actually made me laugh out loud. Way to go, Wendy's. You win.

Yaarel

He Mage
I've been getting better at cutting out fast food from my life . . . . DAMMIT!

Now I want to gather the gang for a roleplay session at the local Wendy's . . . . . if they offered the dice at the store, I probably wouldn't be able to resist!
Hold the starch (buns, fries, etcetera), and you’ll do fine!

Remove ads

Remove ads