• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat bonuses stack?

Final Attack

First Post
I'm sorry if its a simple question but I've confused myself.

Do feat bonuses stack. Say +1 damage Weapon focus and +2 damage Dwarven Weapon Training.

OR Group insight +1 initiative and Imp. Init. +4

OR Action surge +3 to attacks and Nimble Blade +1 to attacks.

To make this clear:

Boni from feats stack but only if they are from different types in the case of feats usually untyped and feat (keyword) boni.
So read the feats' descritions carefully that you don't miss keywords!

An to be more general:
Boni stack as long as they have different keywords.

Weapon Focus and DWT grant feat (keyword) boni, so they don't stack.

OTOH Nimble Blade and Action Surge grant untyped boni, they stack.

abyssaldeath

First Post
Plus, it sounds dirty.

Player 1: "Man, my boni is huge.
Player 2: TMI, man, TMI.

edit:

DM: How did you do that much damage?
Barbarian Player: It's because of my raging boni.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
To make things even more clear, I suggest you stop using formal and unfamiliar forms of singular. Thanks.

"Boni" is the plural of "Bonus" both in latin and german (though there is also "Bonusse" in german, which is more akin to the english "Bonuses").

Bye
Thanee

vermilion

Explorer
"Boni" is the plural of "Bonus" both in latin and german (though there is also "Bonusse" in german, which is more akin to the english "Bonuses").

Bye
Thanee

This information will be really helpful the next time I'm gaming with a bunch of Roman legionnaires. In the meantime, I expect that the modern English "bonuses", the form that WotC uses in all rule books, will suffice.

Now, has anyone seen my VI-sided dice?

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
This information will be really helpful the next time I'm gaming with a bunch of Roman legionnaires. In the meantime, I expect that the modern English "bonuses", the form that WotC uses in all rule books, will suffice.

Now, has anyone seen my VI-sided dice?

And with his very first ENWorld post, Vermilion wins! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads