• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Feb] What are you reading?

DaveStebbins

First Post
Last month I finished (all audiobooks) Manda Scott's Dreaming the Eagle, which was very good historical fiction, Rebecca Wells' Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which was also good and I just finished Kate White's murder mystery A Body to Die For, which I also quite enjoyed.

I just started Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 (which is interesting to listen to both for the bits which have, over time, become anachronisms and to hear it read by the author) and after that will be Alexandre Dumas' Man in the Iron Mask.

For hardcopy books, I'm still working on Pratchett's Monstrous Regiment and Jonathan Frantzen's The Corrections, though I might have to return both to the library unfinished. Actual sit-and-read time seems to be ata a premium for me lately.

-Dave

Dakkareth

First Post
Apart from some more or less stupid books I have to read for a jury I'm reading a compilation of the Conan stories right now ... interesting, but I'm not sure yet whether in the positive or negative sense ... :S

Dakkareth

First Post
Apart from some more or less stupid books I have to read for a jury I'm reading a compilation of the Conan stories right now ... interesting, but I'm not sure yet whether in the positive or negative sense ... :S

After putting down Perdido Street Station in December about half finished, I'm picking it back up again. Also have The Black Company on deck, as well as Dan Brown's Angels & Demons. Sometime soon, I'm also hoping to read the Jack Vance Tales of a Dying Earth anthology I checked out from the library, and The Sword of Truth that I've had sitting in a drawer in my nightstand for a few months. I'll be lucky if I get to even half of those this month, though.

Thorntangle

First Post
Finished: Souls in the Great Machine by Sean McMullen
Charming in an odd sort of way

Reading: Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Holy crap, what a good book!

On Deck: Not sure yet. Maybe something else by Michael Chabon. I was quite smitten with The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Klay

Krug

Newshound
Finishing The Laughter of Dark Gods - Enjoyable collection of Warhammer Fantasy stories, though nothing particularly memorable or striking.

Skarp Hedin

First Post
Well, A Nervous Splendor was pretty good.. though somewhat depressing I think. Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown, was also very good -- his books are ridiculously fast reads. Crazy stuff.

I've just started The Middleman and Other Stories by Bharati Mukherjee. Pretty good so far.

Remove ads