D&D 5E Feedback on my Character Sheets

Giauz

Explorer
Companion

Character Sheet

Basically I wanted to keep a lot of 5e's complexity but trimmed down to its core. I also wanted to use only a few words for the DM to help players with chargen and spellcasting and stuff as well as having the player write as little as possible (I am particularly proud of the Ability Score Modifier/Proficiency Bonus/ Saving Throws/ Skills columns system for cutting down on all the number copying). I'll go ahead and just post the thread, and hopefully I get to test this out for myself with my buddy and his 7 and 3 yo boys next Wednesday.

Giauz

Explorer
Chargen Sheet with PHB page references

So, with this sheet I give my take on the vanilla but more complex D&D 5e charsheet. It is my third major iteration of such a charsheet with PHB references. I made it so a player can go from top to bottom creating their character, and copying stuff already printed in the PHB is kept to a minimum (see all the p.'s and pp.s in parentheses for just writing down page numbers). The idea is to make old school pencil-onto-paper chargen as quick as possible. Now it is also much more aesthetically pleasing compared to my other purely functional iterations.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Good work, I like keeping the RPG elements front and center. I personally fell in love with the Starter Set pregen character sheets that had the class abilities built on, all on a 2-page sheet (front and back). They had no need to reference the PHB. Regardless of whether you follow that format, if you remove consolidate pages 2 & 3 (e.g. on page 3, do we really need that much space for eye or skin color, or on page 2 Languages, given most only know 2 languages?), you could get this down to a front & back print. That's ideal.

Giauz

Explorer
Good work, I like keeping the RPG elements front and center. I personally fell in love with the Starter Set pregen character sheets that had the class abilities built on, all on a 2-page sheet (front and back). They had no need to reference the PHB. Regardless of whether you follow that format, if you remove consolidate pages 2 & 3 (e.g. on page 3, do we really need that much space for eye or skin color, or on page 2 Languages, given most only know 2 languages?), you could get this down to a front & back print. That's ideal.

Languages on page 1 is necessary for characters who speak many languages. I just wanted enough space to describe/draw close-ups of the eyes, skin, and hair. Just don't print out the fluff of page 3, and it is 1 front and back sheet of paper. My goal was to create a character sheet with a chargen process commensurate with the "logical" order of chargen in the PHB (for some reason Backgrounds were in the middle of the PHB despite that being your PC's life up until becoming an adventurer) and to need to copy from the PHB as little as needed, thus the use of page refs. I hope that effectively communicates my design choices that are not purely for aesthetics.

Remove ads