• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter 7: Blood, Sweat, and Fears.

jasamcarl

First Post
Jericho

The castle guards give up a hearty shout before charging into ranks of the goblins left wing, obvious conscern for their noble brethren in their enthusiasm.

The scouts meanwhile wheel around eastward to attack the fragmented goblin right wing in the flank. The goblins in the rear of the line are able to fend off the lightly armed Evenwood soldiers, however.

Kravik yells out a single word from within the melee between the bugbears and Knights that Jericho doesn't understand. With that, however, his left wing turns its attention from the Knights and fully concentrates their blood lust on the castle guards. The assault on the infantry is rigorous, as they are outnumbered four to one by the greenskins, who push between their squads from all sides, and yet the cohesion of the unit is still able to hold, with few immediate losses.

New round. Kravik won initiative, but it is now Jericho's turn to activate a unit. The goblins which you are facing appear to be wavering somewhat.

Diagram:

>>>BGGGG
>S>>KC
>GGG
>I I I I
>AAAA

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"Uh oh..." says Bhartus, as he watches the goblins transform, but he realises the menhir spewing fire might be the key. He commands the badger to attack the menhir for the next round, and casts a sword stream at the goblins (if they are within range).

Whitney frowns as she watches the 'shaman' change and calls to her hawks to renew their attacks as she quickly thinks her next move pullilng a scroll from her belt and quickly reading it and pointing at the nearest of the bugbears. "Friend Krug, we are defintiely outnumbered.. shouldn't our allies be a wee bit closer on hand?"

OOC: Scroll (magic missile 3rd level: ie.. 2 missiles at the nearest of her bug bears), and commanding the hawks to attack one of the goblin things and use their smite ability while they are at it. FYI.. didn't we have some allies with us.. like a handful of troops? or I am confused.. cause if they didn't we're hosed with the BBs..

Festy_Dog

First Post
[ooc: Tarowyn told them to sod off right before we left. :p Bit of a pity that.]

Norri gulps, looking forlornly at his little sword and ponders its ability to mark the hide of some kind of demonic creature. Regardless he tries flank the creature in combat with the badger and sneak attack it, intent on harming it somehow.

jasamcarl

First Post
The creatures nose begins to make a sniffing motion before Norri strikes, as if it smells something coming, but the halfling is to quick and slashes at the fiends hind leg before it can evade. It's 'skin' is surprisingly durable though, only leaving a faint glowing blood red scar. It lets off a cross between a his and growl in response, turning from halfling to badger and back again.

Whitney meanwhile bombards one of the two closest bugbears with her evocations. It's skin and armor is charred by the magical attack, causing it to scream and renew its attempt to break free of the webbing.

ooc: Oops. sorry Bhartus. I'm going to have to search for that spell. Don't have my 3.0 books on hand. Have it up by tommorow though, promise. :)

ooc Whitney: Hint: keeping in mind that you are not that far from leveling, be sure to exploit your Action points to the nth degree.

Last edited:

Whitney frowns as she sees the Bugbear struggle with his bonds. :Defintiely should have kept the troops with us.: she thinsk to herself as she casts a spell at the one bugbear she wounded. "Ah Bhartus, think we should finish those we got afore we hunt further afield?" she says as she lashes out with a missile of pure magic.

OOC: Action Point to maximize her magic missile. Can't use AP on scroll spells which is why I didn't do it earlier.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri tries to ignore how little harm his initial attack did, thankful enough that it struck home. He attacks again with increased fervour, taking every opportunity to sneak attack his foe while it's flanked.

[ooc: Spending an action point on an additional attack.]

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
How abotu casting it at the bugbears approaching (and those caught in the web if the spell allows)? and spending an AP to maximize damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads