Feywild and the Forgotten Realms Cosmos

jhilahd

Explorer
Quick question concerning the Feywild. Since it is listed as a parallel world to the prime material, and in this case Abeir-Toril, do the Dieties of the Realms have influence here? Are they worshiped?

I have a story involving Shar and Selune with my party in the middle. They have currently been duped into release an imprisoned fey noble from the prime material plane. She escaped with a few captured human children. The party has gone after her(not much of a choice, a bit of a rail road on my part and I was told they loved how it played regardless).

Shar is making deals with certain fey of the Winter Court to extend their turn in seasons, and their rule over lands in the Feywild. She is also exerting some control over the Fomorians, who are stirring up trouble.

But since I'm confused about aspects or how to properly run the Feywild, things like temples and shrines come to mind. If the party come to the Feywild version of Silverymoon will they find temples to Selune, Lurure or any of the Toril deities or something else altogther?

Jack99

Adventurer
Quick question concerning the Feywild. Since it is listed as a parallel world to the prime material, and in this case Abeir-Toril, do the Dieties of the Realms have influence here? Are they worshiped?

I have a story involving Shar and Selune with my party in the middle. They have currently been duped into release an imprisoned fey noble from the prime material plane. She escaped with a few captured human children. The party has gone after her(not much of a choice, a bit of a rail road on my part and I was told they loved how it played regardless).

Shar is making deals with certain fey of the Winter Court to extend their turn in seasons, and their rule over lands in the Feywild. She is also exerting some control over the Fomorians, who are stirring up trouble.

But since I'm confused about aspects or how to properly run the Feywild, things like temples and shrines come to mind. If the party come to the Feywild version of Silverymoon will they find temples to Selune, Lurure or any of the Toril deities or something else altogther?

While the Feywild is an echo of the real world, things are not quite the same there. Meaning, where Silverymoon is in the Feywild, you could have a number of things. Sure, you could have a eladrin or gnome town/city or whatever other settlement and inhabitants that strikes your fancy but its not so clearcut. It's definitely not a matter of temples being located at the exact same places.

As for which gods are worshiped, I must admit I can't recall what the FR books say, its been a while since I read them. But default is whatever gods fey creatures would worship, so in core books, Corellon and Melora temples are fairly common up there.

Nymrohd

First Post
The core books will not really give you much tbh. If you are interested in old lore, then the faerie plane has a lot of history in Faerun, with most elves originating from there and the lythari still do so. In pre 4E Faerun the denizens of Faerie worshipped the Court, so Titania and Oberon and their allies and vassals.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases