• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Feywild encounters and short adventures

JoeCrow

Explorer
Heya folks.

I'm running a 5E game that's been going since the early playtest days, and the crew's at 5th level now. The party consists of Sgt. Ardin, a cleric of the local war/storm god; Moss-top, a younger-than-he-looks halfing rogue; Drojin, stock dwarf fighter; Crimzan, an elven necromancer; Verric, a human ranger; and Lerashiel, an elven bard. I ran them through the Caves of Chaos, and then sicced a couple of wereworgs and a mess of regular worgs on the Keep before they left. During that battle, Ardin blew his save and caught a slight case of lycanthropy. Turns out the type of were-worgism that he's got is demonically enhanced, and his Remove Curse isn't strong enough to fix it. So the crew's been skedaddling across the kingdom to the main city, looking for a higher level cleric to fix things before the full moon rises, and Ardin gets a lot hairier.

So the crew's gotten to the city, and there's a higher level cleric and a druid trying to help them fix the problem, only it's kind of slapdash because they showed up a couple hours before nightfall on the first night of the full moon. Druid's idea was to drag everybody to the nearest stone circle and open the attached gate to the Feywild to try and bribe some fey nobles that owe her some favors to help out, figuring they're probably good with curses and transformations and suchlike. Unfortunately, the crew's been followed by other were-worgs, who're apparently part of a demon-worshipping cult and who want Ardin to replace the dude he killed. So they jump the crew as the rite's going on, and wacky hijinks ensue. Ardin's transformed in the circle, his cleric superior is keeping him from eating the druid while she opens the gate, and the rest of the crew is fighting off the attacking worgs and weres. Ardin manages to regain control of himself, and decides to go help his friends who're getting noshed on, and jumps out of the circle.

So, because I'm a horrible person, I'm gonna mess with them.

Here's what I'm doing. Gateway opens, but Ardin's stunt breaks the circle. Big flash of light, and next thing everybody knows, everyone on the hilltop is now in the Feywild, and one of the circle stones has broken in half and is gushing blood. And now the gateway doesn't work, and they all have to explain to the fey nobles why they broke their front door.

So I'm gonna stick them in the Feywild for a while, have the fey nobles tell them "you broke it, you owe us, pay up" and see how they react. If I know them, they'll probably end up on the run in fairyland, and I'd like some ideas on how to entertain them while they're there. I'd like to throw a formorian at them, but at CR 8, that's probably a bit over their heads. I'm gonna try and get them into the whole "you're in the deep end of the pool now, bucko" trip.

So, you folks got any ideas for me? Critters, wacky setups, headgames to play? I'm probably gonna have them come out in the real world and have a couple of months have passed while they were in the Feywild, just to let me advance some other plot stuff I've got going on but that might depend on exactly how long they're stuck there.

mamol

Explorer
1. What about having some Dark Fey stuff going on? I actually don't know that much about the Feywild, but what if there was a direct connection to the Shadowplane (Shadowfell?) that is corrupting the Feywild? Maybe something like one of there forests grew darker.

2. Someone is seduced by a mighty Fey and they have to roleplay their way out again.

3. They have to gather ancient materials for repairing the circle stones. Unfortunately a very old (and kind of mad) fey ownes the last material they need. Maybe a mixture of roleplaying / diplomacy and a labyrinth they have to go through. Or the very old / mad fey gives them 3 tasks they have to solve.

trentonjoe

Explorer
Some ideas:

1. Have the storm priest spell effects look like flowers instead of lightning when he rolls a 1 on damage.
2. Have some fey chief ask the party to remove their giant ant/aspis/other lawful bug/modron problem. Have the bugs do "lawful" damage or something. Nothing says 5 room dungeon like an Ant Hill.
3. Have the weresomethings get teleported with them and run a muck in the feywild making fey robins and other creepy crap.
4. Pester the necromancer every chance you get on the sancity of life and how creating undead is always a bad decision.
5. Give the dwarf a rash that just....won't....GO AWAY.
6. Have EVERY ONE comment on the halflings dimples.
7. Give the bard like 20 temp hit points and have small animals follow him around. Make him super awesome while the rest of the party hates the place.

Remove ads