D&D 5E Feywild Questions RE: Witchlight area

Cryptwright

Explorer
I've got some questions if anyone happens to know. I wrote a starter campaign that takes place in the Shadowfell last year. It revisits all the same locations as Lost Mine of Phandelver but in their Shadowfell counterpart. This went on to great success.

I've been working on the sequel to it that takes place in the Feywild through out their version of the same locations. Then they announce the Witchlight book and now I'm worried the locations will somehow be included and what I'm writing will state contrary things. (I already had a carnival idea written up that I'll have to change now 😒 ) I do realize this isn't that huge a deal but I like to have good continuity with published material if possible.

Is anyone aware of where in the Feywild (other than the carnival) that it will be taking place?

Example maps of what I'm referring to:

lmop_area_reddit.jpg
lmop_area_shadowfell_reddit.jpg

Last edited:

Cryptwright

Explorer
One way to look at is:

There is a "Shallow Feywild" that closely observes the Material Plane. But there is also a "Deep Feywild" that disconnects from the Material Plane. Perhaps Witchlight enters into a domain in the Deep Feywild.

When one shifts from the Shallow to the Deep, one perceives the Material Plane distorting increasingly, until disconnecting altogether into a realm ... of ferver.
Oh I like that. Do you have any sources for this concept?

Yaarel

He Mage
Oh I like that. Do you have any sources for this concept?
It is my own thinking thru of what each 5e plane means, and how they interact with each other.

Some of it is here. There is a map of the Deep and Shallow Ethereal, while Feywild and Shadowfell are aspects of Ethereal, influenced by the Positive Energy and the Negative Energy, respectively.

Remove ads