Fiend's Embrace - IC Thread

Malvoisin

First Post
Arakk leans forward and speaks once more, "Excellent, it seems as though things are coming together nicely. Now, we must speak about your need for provisions. As I said, I will have a healing potion for each of you before you depart. I will also pay for your lodging here at the Wyvern's Sting for three nights, which will allow me time to procure the supplies you request...as well as any personal preparations you need to make. I'll certainly obtain at least one set of warm clothing for each of you, and plenty of rations. Is there anything else you'd like to request...nonmagical that is? I will obtain it for you if it is available here in Eru Tovar."

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Perfect... Healing potionss will certainly be vital, as will trail rationss for at leasst ten dayss. In the unlikely casse that this town tradess on alchemical productss, I will requessr ssome tanglefoot bagss, mighty usseful itemss. Quality weaponss would be in place, sspecially a bow." -then he looks at the other sellswords who haven't voiced their opinion on the notes and adds- "Maybe there iss ssomething you want to mention about the propossed journey"

Malvoisin

First Post
Land Outcast said:
"Perfect... Healing potionss will certainly be vital, as will trail rationss for at leasst ten dayss. In the unlikely casse that this town tradess on alchemical productss, I will requessr ssome tanglefoot bagss, mighty usseful itemss. Quality weaponss would be in place, sspecially a bow." -then he looks at the other sellswords who haven't voiced their opinion on the notes and adds- "Maybe there iss ssomething you want to mention about the propossed journey"

Arakk replies, "I will see if I can find any tanglefoot bags for you, though I'm not certain whether they can be found on short notice. We shall see. As for a bow...I wasn't really planning on buying weapons for you, as I assumed that you'd have your own. My offer was really focused more on non-combat oriented gear. As for the rations, I was thinking more along the lines of twenty days' worth...people have a propensity for becoming lost in the Marshes, I'm told. Better to be over-prepared."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"How about a boat?"

Harval's finger traces the river downstream, and then back up the next tributary, towards their destination.

"Maybe canoes so we can hump them in land until the marsh. Make better time."

Land Outcast

Explorer
My offer was really focused more on non-combat oriented gear.

"Of coursse, but the offer was sso broad that it didn't hurt to assk." -As he hears Harval's question- "Now, that iss ssmart thinking, certainly we will find good usse to ssuch ssenssible ssuggestions in the future"

"Sso, ssomething elsse we could usse... In cold marshess inssects won't be a hazard...
Ssome thick cloth, maybe a tent, and two canoess; if we cover the canoess with the cloth and the cloth with some dirt we can make ourselvess camouflaged moving bedss."

Idivien returns quietly to his seat, seeing that this could take longer, and more discussion on how to prepare would be in place.

"Maybe assk around if there'ss ssomeone who knowss the marshess... Would be a good addition to the group"

Malvoisin

First Post
Land Outcast said:
"Of coursse, but the offer was sso broad that it didn't hurt to assk." -As he hears Harval's question- "Now, that iss ssmart thinking, certainly we will find good usse to ssuch ssenssible ssuggestions in the future"

"Sso, ssomething elsse we could usse... In cold marshess inssects won't be a hazard...
Ssome thick cloth, maybe a tent, and two canoess; if we cover the canoess with the cloth and the cloth with some dirt we can make ourselvess camouflaged moving bedss."

Idivien returns quietly to his seat, seeing that this could take longer, and more discussion on how to prepare would be in place.

"Maybe assk around if there'ss ssomeone who knowss the marshess... Would be a good addition to the group"

Arakk looks uncertain as he replies, "I don't think the canoe idea will be as effective as you think. The tributaries of the river are not really what one might call navigable waterways. As I understand it, they are choked with logs, moss, and the like. I'm sure I could find one or more tents for you, if you wish."

He continues, "As for a guide, I wouldn't count on finding one here in Eru Tovar. The people are suspicious and fearful of the Cold Marshes, and for good reason. It would take a huge amount of money to convince one of the locals to guide you within...more than I am willing to spend, frankly."

"Let me recap your list thus far...winter clothing, rations, tanglefoot bags, and tents. Have I missed anything?" Arakk concludes.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Gnro - Lizardfolk Favoured Soul

Remainig quiet while the "bigger" men talk about what they need and dont, Gnro considers:

If I go out there, I might find what I'm after. Or I might not. Either way, I'll learn some of the life in the wilds, adventuring.... These seems like nice enough people, and gut tells me I should trust them.

"Warm clothes and good shoes is all I need out there." as if suprised by herself, the young lizardfolk quickly looks down and turns a shade red.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Surprised by Gnro's comment, Idivien reminds himself

I must be wary, I was unconscious of her prescence...

"Clothess, tentss, water-tight bootss... that should be it then"

Malvoisin

First Post
Arakk gives a curt nod, as though he now considers the matter settled. "Excellent! Feel free to remain and enjoy the refreshments as long as you like. I will go and make arrangements for your lodgings. You will need only ask the barkeep for your room keys. Tomorrow, I will procure the equipment you need. All will be in readiness for your departure at dawn, the day after tomorrow. If you should need to contact me for any reason, feel free to leave word with the barkeep here at The Wyvern's Sting. Good night to all of you."

With that, Arakk drains his wine glass and with one final smile strides from the room.

(OOC: Feel free to make any final comments in-character, to conclude this meeting. Then, we will fast-forward to the morning of the departure, although I may wait until we have recruited a new fifth player to get that ball rolling....also, by that time, Voadam may have returned from his absence. In the meantime, please post to indicate what your character is doing with his/her day of downtime.)

Remove ads