Fiend's Embrace - IC Thread

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Good evening then" Idivien bows at Arakk, and immediately after the nobleman leaves the room, he picks up his sheathed rapier and returns it to its place on the belt.

"I'll be taking thesse with me" Idivien adds as he picks up a piece of meat and some bread along with a bottle of wine, this said, he strides towards the treshold; he stops.

The raven joins him at this left shoulder and he resumes his walking after shooting a last emerald glance at the rest of the group reunited there.

He returns the hood to its place.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Harval nods.

"Right, then. I'm off to the tables."

True to his word, Harval spends the remaining days before the expedition gambling, drinking and trying not to get killed making extremely graphic proposition to the local horsemaidens.

Rayex

First Post
Gnro - Lizardfolk Favoured Soul

Seeing both Idivien and Harval leaving, she quickly decided to do the same. "I will be in my room, if you need anything." Realizing that the two who just left had no chance of hearing this she yet again turn a shade of red. Pulling her cowl back up, she sigh to herself and leave for the room.

Malvoisin

First Post
The morning dawns cool and crisp as the new adventuring party assembles, as instructed, outside the Wyvern's Sting. Even the earliest to arrive finds Arakk already waiting. The collector is bundled in a fur-line cloak, and his ever-present smile is fixed on his face. "Good morning, good morning!" he calls out merrily to each expeditioneer in turn.

Arakk stands before a small wagon, which contains the provisions the party had requested. He hands out rations sufficient for 21 days to each one, as well as warm clothing of heavy cotton and fur. It seems the merchant has a good eye for size, as each set of clothing appears to be a good fit for its wearer. He hands two heavy tarpaulin tents to Harval, saying, "These should help keep you warm and dry as you sleep."

"And, as promised, this token of good faith." Arakk produces several small stoppered vials, and hands one to each of the adventurers. "Good for what ails you, so I'm told." [OOC: Everyone add one potion of Cure Moderate Wounds to your character sheet please]

"So then, anything else we need to..." Arakk trails off, looking around, and notices that Ortak is missing. "Hmm, aren't we short one member of this little quest?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
"Wait!"

A voice cries out in the cool morning air from down the road a ways. There, a harried looking halfling is chugging up the road, with much huffing and puffing. In the air above him, another raven flutters, following along noisly. As the halfling draws up, the raven settles down on the wagon and gives Idivien's pet an inquiring caw.

Stopping to catch his breath a moment, the halfling bends over nearly double, gasping slightly. His clothing is old and patched, and he's got a huge book strapped to his back. His face is somewhat plain and he looks rather dull. All of a sudden he springs upright once more.

"Sorry, sorry I'm late. I was supposed to be here last night right? Sorry. There I was, walking along, minding my business, when one of these wolf people caught sight of me, and he chased me FOREVER. Sheesh, lost a whole day trying to lose him. But anyways, glad I caught you."

He turns to face Arrak.

"Yeah, you're the one aren't you? Sorry I missed your meeting and all, sure I'll catch it up soon enough. I'm a quick learner. These must be the rest of the team."

He takes a quick glance around, to make sure none of the wolf barbarians are watching.

"Don't worry about the face. Just a disguise, y'know?"

Then he quickly moves down the line, shaking hands with each person, whether or not they want to.

"How you doing? Nice to meet you! I'm Gunk by the way. Good morning. Nice to be working with you!"

He pauses in front of Gnro for a moment during his introductions, peering deep into her hooded cloak, and then giving her a broad wink. When he reaches the end of the line he quickly scuttles back to Arrak, reaching up to snatch the remaining potion out of his grasp, glancing at it with a critical eye. Then he starts poking through the warm clothing provided for Ortak.

"Bit big, isn't it?"

Land Outcast

Explorer
Idivien accepts silently the clothing and the vial, storing them both in his pack... which doesn't seem modified by the extra load.

When the halfling appears hustling towards them, he rises an eyebrow inquiringly towards Arakk.

The Raven blinks repeatedly at the other's caw, but doesn't move from its spot.

"Good morning to you too..." -Idivien shakes Gunk's hand firmly... a bit too firmly perhaps, And seeing the book strapped to his back he asks quietly "A mage?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
The halfling's raven hmphs at the other's seeming indifference, and turns up his head, speaking in a clear, human sounding voice.

"Well fine, be that way."

Gunk nods repeatedly at Idivien's question.

"Yes, yes. Gunk, at your service, wizard for hire. And don't mind Mortimer up there, he's just being antisocial."

He turns to face the dwarf, and stages whispers to him, pretending confidentiality.

"As I said, it's a disguise. I'm not one of these boring fuddy duddies normally. In real life, I'm a Balor! Thirty feet tall with flaming eyes and teeth the size of your head!"

He smiles widely at Harval, radiating insincerity.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"I wouldn't be sso enthussiasstic about declaring mysself a fiend with our friend Aeligim here" His tone of voice implies blatantly that behind the scarf covering his mouth and chin, he is smiling.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gunk nods at Idivien's comment with a deadpanned expression on his face.

"Thank you for that timely warning. I did, of course, mean to say that I was a goblin, and not a Balor. Slip of the tongue."

Remove ads