Fiery Dragon has Sword & Sorcery license?

Fiery James

First Post
Did this ever appear? Did Fiery Dragon try tackling any other other Scarred Lands books?

Hi Nytmare, nice thread necro.

Creature Collection did appear, and is available to order from our website (Fiery Dragon) or through any local game store.

That was pretty much where our 4e SL work ended, though. I was hoping that the first book would start some interest in the product that could justify the personal expense, but it tanked so hard and did so poorly that we simply had to kill projects in the works or go bankrupt within a year.

It was the biggest and most complicated project we'd ever released, and I'm proud of the work everyone (especially Claudio, Scott and Todd) did on the book, but it certainly came at a cost of internal exhaustion and it's poor sales plus some unexpected unemployment forced us to refocus and realign the FDP in a major way.

We've managed to survive and continue on a smaller scale, but we've got some big mountains to climb to get back to where we once were (even on our super small scale). We do have about 12 cool and interesting product passed concept stage, but I'll only reveal those as they are completed (lessons learned!)

-jb

Stormonu

Legend
Too bad too, C&C4e was a very awesome book. I bought it, but unfortunately I have no interest in 4E anymore.

Have you guys considered doing anything for Pathfinder (or Savage Worlds)?

Fiery James

First Post
Too bad too, C&C4e was a very awesome book. I bought it, but unfortunately I have no interest in 4E anymore.

Have you guys considered doing anything for Pathfinder (or Savage Worlds)?

Right now, we're keeping products pretty generic, actually, focusing on tabletop accessories that can work with most fantasy RPGs. Anything more specific (like adventures) is beyond our resources at the moment.

That was pretty much where our 4e SL work ended, though. I was hoping that the first book would start some interest in the product that could justify the personal expense, but it tanked so hard and did so poorly that we simply had to kill projects in the works or go bankrupt within a year.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I mean, I assumed the whole thing was a no-go when our talks about it ended, but still, it's sad to hear in such uncertain terms that there won't be any SL 4E materials to create. :.-(

Remove ads