Fifth Edition Foes Monster Book

The PDF's out? How cool!

Charles Wright

First Post
It works out to $3.33 per adventure for the hardcovers ($2.08 per adventure for Vol. 1 PDF, and $1.99 per adventure for Vol. 2 PDF). Vol. 1 is about 190 pages of content and Vol. 2 is about 100 pages of content.

Of course we here at Necromancer Games feel that they are worth it. Also, remember that if you purchase the hardcover, the PDF is free.

tomservo999

Explorer
It works out to $3.33 per adventure for the hardcovers ($2.08 per adventure for Vol. 1 PDF, and $1.99 per adventure for Vol. 2 PDF). Vol. 1 is about 190 pages of content and Vol. 2 is about 100 pages of content.

Of course we here at Necromancer Games feel that they are worth it. Also, remember that if you purchase the hardcover, the PDF is free.

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the 5th Edition Foes book. I'd like to support companies putting out OGL stuff...but, considering I payed $30 for the MM and got free shipping to boot, it just falls outside my gaming budget.

Charles Wright

First Post
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the 5th Edition Foes book. I'd like to support companies putting out OGL stuff...but, considering I payed $30 for the MM and got free shipping to boot, it just falls outside my gaming budget.

That's perfectly understandable. Please remember that the actual price of the 5E MM is $49.95 (its MSRP). As a small company we do not mass produce our books and large-budget online retailers do not sell them at 2/3rds of MSRP. :)

Good gaming!

tomservo999

Explorer
That's perfectly understandable. Please remember that the actual price of the 5E MM is $49.95 (its MSRP). As a small company we do not mass produce our books and large-budget online retailers do not sell them at 2/3rds of MSRP. :)

Good gaming!

Oh I totally get it. Maybe I can find a used copy some day. As someone who is "old school" like me, $25 just seems too much to pay for a pdf. To me, nothing can ever replace the visceral feel of a real book in your hands.

Well unlike my 5E PHB, I know none of my Necro/FGG books are ever going to fall to pieces after just a few months of gaming. They are made to the highest standard, Smythe-sewn, and made to last (in the USA rather than China, I think). But they are not the colour beauties of WotC 5E either, plain but striking, B+W interior. But economies of scale obviously apply here.

And they even have a similar smell to 1E books, unlike the new colour PF or 4E/5E books I have :D

tomservo999

Explorer
Well unlike my 5E PHB, I know none of my Necro/FGG books are ever going to fall to pieces after just a few months of gaming. They are made to the highest standard, Smythe-sewn, and made to last (in the USA rather than China, I think). But they are not the colour beauties of WotC 5E either, plain but striking, B+W interior. But economies of scale obviously apply here.

And they even have a similar smell to 1E books, unlike the new colour PF or 4E/5E books I have :D

My core books are holding up just fine binding wise. For the record they are also printed in the USA.

fjw70

Adventurer
Do these adventures books for 5e have monster stats imbedded in the text like the old school adventures did?

Also is there a description of the included adventures somewhere, including what levels they were written for?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Quests of Doom (volume 1)

Bugs & Blobs
The Noble Rot by J Collura - 5th-8th level

Hidden Oasis - Temple of Rot by Matt Finch and Bill Webb - 7th-9th level

Demons & Devils
Ra's Evil Grin - by Bill Webb and Clark Peterson - 11th level

Sorcerer's Citadel by Bill Webb and Clark Peterson - 9th level

Giants & Dragons
The Dead from Above by Michael Curtis - 6th-8th level

Emeralds of Highfang by Ed Greenwood - no levels given except "high level"

Lycanthropes & Elementals
Bad Moon Rising by Steve Winter - 4th-6th level

Death in Dyrgalas by Skip Williams - 6th-8th level

Men & Monstrosities
Deep in the Vale by James M. Ward - 1st level

Irtep's Dish by Casey W. Christofferson (with additional material by Scott Greene) - 6th-8th level

Vampires & Liches
The Pyramid of Amra by Casey W. Christofferson and Bill Webb - 12th level

Sewers of the Underguild by Casey W. Christofferson and Bill Webb - 11th-15th level

Abbreviated stat-blocks are given in the text for most monsters, with extended statblocks following each adventure for new/unique monsters.

Cheers!

Remove ads

Remove ads