• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Fighter (Playtest 7)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)

Here is the premise: "obtaining feedback from the community of your consumers tends to work well to benefit that community of consumers in liking the end product"

100% of your response can be summed up as, "I thought this was a reasonable mechanic but others didn't like it therefore others are wrong."

That's not a scintilla of evidence that these were actually better things which the community would have liked better in the end product. It's just you, once again, saying you like something others dislike therefore others are wrong. Which is exactly what those others are saying about your opinion, but they're wrong because...you liked those things?

Just showing a proposed change is mechanically reasonable isn't showing it's a better thing or that the community would appreciate it more in an end product. To prove your premise you'd have to show surveying your customer base ends up with products which the consumer base doesn't like.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
What Treantmonk mostly showed is that he is a mediocre analyst who gets known by grinding and producing videos for beginners rather than for quality.
I've said it before and I will say it again - I look forward to your videos.

That might sound like sarcasm but it's not. Fun fact - before Treantmonk did videos I told him (based on an interview he did with someone else) he should make videos. And he thought about that and decided to do it. And now he was able to quit his job and make a decent living doing this full time.

I genuinely think you should try it.

to be fair, you need a 2nd level of wizard to get a third 1st level spell slot, but uh...yeah, wow, that's awful, dear god.
You have arcane recovery to have equal slots. Plus you have ritual casting as a freebie.

Now, the multiclass does require Int 13, and their prepared spell amount is only 1+IntMod, while Eldritch Knight can be as dumb as they want.

Last edited:

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
If war magic at 7th level allowed you to sacrifice 1 attack to cast a cantrip or 1st level spell it would help a lot. Right now you are using your spell slots for utility spells or shield and maybe casting a cantrip instead of 1 weapon attack.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
According to the Eldritch Knight change notes:

Improved War Magic now allows you to replace
two of your attacks with casting a level 1 or 2
spell, allowing the Eldritch Knight to further
weave magic into their attacks.

But in the actual ability description it only says:

LEVEL 18: IMPROVED WAR MAGIC
When you take the Attack action on your turn,
you can replace two of the attacks with a casting
of one of your Wizard spells that has a casting
time of an action.

Am I missing something (like the part about the level 1 or 2 spell)?

Remove ads