Fighters Combat Challenge

kristov

Explorer
Does this Fighters Combat Challenge - which marks targets yada yada.... apparently also lets him get a opportunity attack against ANY (and all) enemies who shift within his range?

That seems a bit much no?

kmdietri

Explorer
I'm pretty sure it's not an OA as that would let him make one attack on each opponents turn, instead it's an immediate interupt. And since you can only make one immediate action per round it's not too bad.

themilkman

First Post
Technically, they're not OA, just basic melee attacks. I made the same mistake earlier.

Anyway, it's not really that big of a deal. Defenders are supposed to tie up melee combatants and keep them from moving on the squishier party members. Handing out attacks if people move seems like a good way to convince them not to.

Mort_Q

First Post
http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1387

KotS - Frequently Asked Questions said:
The second part of the Fighter's Combat Challenge class ability seems to assume that you have the target marked, but it does not explicitly say this. How should it be played?

The Combat Challenge ability only works on marked enemies. The melee basic attack described in the second paragraph can only be made if a marked adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that does not include you.

kmdietri

Explorer
From the adventure booklet page 9

Immediate Action: Interrupts and reactions are immediate actions. Specific powers define the trigger for these actions. You can only take one immediate action per round, and you can’t take an immediate action on your turn.[/QUOTE]

I just read it again and I think I made a mistake. Since you can't make an immediate action on your turn I shouldn't have allowed the fighter to use this power on the kobolds as they shifted away from him as he approached... oh well you live you learn.

kmdietri said:
And yes, as written I think it's on anyone, not just the marked target.
But as written its wrong, at least according to WOTC

The second part of the Fighter's Combat Challenge class ability seems to assume that you have the target marked, but it does not explicitly say this. How should it be played?

The Combat Challenge ability only works on marked enemies. The melee basic attack described in the second paragraph can only be made if a marked adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that does not include you.

Remove ads