Figther/rogue prestige class: Dancer of Tales (long)

Aries

First Post
Elven Dancer of Tales

Game Rule Information:
Abilities: The Dancer of Tales benefits from high dexterity and charisma. Dexterity for protection as well as forming the basis of their acrobatics, and charisma, which enables them to both deliver stunning performances as well move with almost supernatural grace in both performance and battle.

Alignment: Any chaotic and non-evil.
Requirements:
· Elf or Half-elf
· Concentration (4 ranks)
· Tumble (8 ranks).
· Perform: Dance (8 ranks)
· Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, and Mobility.
· Reflex save: +4

Hit Die: d8.

Level BAB F R W Special
1 +1 0 +2 0 Dance of Tales
2 +2 0 +3 0 Acrobatics +10
3 +3 +1 +3 +1 Leap of the Clouds
4 +4 +1 +4 +1 Greater Mobility
5 +5 +1 +4 +1 Fast movement (+10 ft)
6 +6 +2 +5 +2 Dathedi Shield (2/day)
7 +7 +2 +5 +2 Acrobatics (+20’), Death Spin 1/day
8 +8 +2 +6 +2 Blinding Speed
9 +9 +3 +6 +3 Dathedi Shield (4/day), Death Spin 2/day
10 +10 +3 +7 +3 Fast movement (+20 ft)

Class Skills:
Ability Skill
Strength Jump, Swim
Dexterity Balance, Tumble
Constitution Concentration
Intelligence Knowledge
Wisdom Listen, Spot
Charisma Perform
Skill Points at each additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Class Features:
All the following is class features of the Dancer of Tales:

Weapon and armor proficiencies: The Dancer of Tales is proficient in all simple and martial weapons but gains no additional proficiencies in any kind of armor or shields. A Dancer of Tales cannot use any special abilities while wearing armor.

Dance of Tales (Ex): A Dancer of Tales adds her Charisma bonus (if any) to the Dexterity bonus to determine Armor Class.

Acrobatics (Su): At 2nd level Dancer of Tales gains a +10 competence bonus to Balance, Jump and Tumble checks. At 7th level, this bonus increases to +20.

Leap of the Clouds (Su): The jumping distance, vertical or horizontal, of a 3rd level Dancer of Tales is not limited according to his height.

Greater Mobility (Sp): At 4th level the Dancer of Tales gains an additional +4 bonus to AC against attacks of opportunity caused when he moves out of or within a threatened area. This stacks with Mobility.

Fast movement (Su): At the 5th level the Dancer of Tales’ base move increases by 10’. By the 10th level the base movement increases by a further 10’.

Dathedi Shield (Su): At 6th level the Dancer of Tales gains the supernatural ability to wrap herself in a field of ever-shifting colors and patterns. When in motion, the field breaks the outline of her figure thus temporarily distorting her image and effectively making her harder to hit. To the observer, the Dancer appears to explode into a cloud of tiny, multicolored fragments every time she moves, and when she remains stationary the fragments coalesce into a solid figure, like the pieces of a jigsaw, fading into nothing. As the Dancer’s speed increases, the greater the disruption of the image and wider the dispersion of the cloud-fragments. The dathedi shield is in all respects equal to the effect of casting a Blur spell targeted at the Dancer with a caster level equal to the prestige class level. In addition, when and only when the Dancer remains absolutely still, using the ability adds a +4 circumstance bonus to her Hide checks as the field adjusts itself to the surroundings. The Dancer of Tales may invoke this ability twice a day at 6th level and 4 times a day at 9th level.

Death Spin (Sp): Once per day at 7th level and twice per day at 9th level the Dancer of Tales can act as if under the influence of a Haste-spell. The effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to half his class level plus his Charisma modifier (always at least 1 round)

Blinding Speed (Su): Dancers of Tales train continuously to improve their acrobatics as well as their speed. An 8th level Dancer of Tales gains a +2 bonus to initiative. This bonus stacks with Improved Initiative.

Last edited:

Aries

First Post
Comments would be appreciated

I would really appreciate some comments for my class. Anything would help. It is bad/good/too powerful/too weak?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 19.49.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 19.49.43.png
    726.4 KB · Views: 26,429

milo

First Post
This class looks like it is fairly balanced, I like the acrobatics ability.
Get a ring of jumping and some boots of striding and springing, your minimum running jump would be about 50 feet. I personally don't think this class is overpowered. If I had a character that could take this I would if my DM would let me.

Remove ads