Final Fantasy J

Kitten looks to the right, then the left, up then under his foot. He shrugs and tries to play something upbeat.

[sblock=upbeat] 12 oh and bump.[/sblock]

He manages to get through the tune but it's not that great.

Jemal

Adventurer
A more cheery mood surrounds the caravan that night as they rest, and are entertained by the kitten and the 'dancing mage'. Deezy was able to find her lost artifact upon one of the downed mages, but it seems to have been damaged - Whether by the mage's attempts to figure it out, or by the battle is unknown.. perhaps with some repairs, it's functionality will return. She stows it for now, intending to work on it.

At first light the caravan begins its movement again and Aluf and Freida make their last goodbyes as they set out to take Kyo back to the city.

The caravan continues on it's way, slowly but surely covering the distance to the Mazerka/Walesh border. The next two days pass uneventfully, the caravan meeting a few smaller groups on the road, but nothing hostile.
On the third night, as you gather around the campfire for supper, the Caravan's 'civilian leader', the Elder William, approaches you.

"We'll be at the border tommorow." He smiles as he speaks "A major achievement, one I feared a few times we wouldn't make. Those bandits seemed mighty determined to stop us.. moreso than just for the money, I think. Best be on your guard for tommorow. We should be at the border crossing by noon, and hopefully through shortly thereafter." He grins at the kitten, then nods to Mikken. "Also Young Sir, don't forget that if you folks need anything, we've many supplies within the caravan. Of course most of the folk can't afford to be just giving stuff away, but they've promised to keep the prices fair if you need to make any purchases."

[sblock=ooc]
This 'artifact' of Deezy's is actually going to be a powerful item... later. ;)

Also, the party gains 5000 GP and two LVL 2 Mana Potion(One use potions, restore a used lvl 2 spell or spell slot) after the fight.

And as the elder is pointing out IC, the 'caravan' is the equivalent of a small city, and you can stock up on any supplies you think you may need.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy looks up at the caravan master from where she sits by the fire, goggles over her eyes as she pokes and pries at the gizmo she seemed so hot on acquiring from the bandits. Hovering over her shoulder is a ball about the size of a strong man's clenched fist made of brass and sporting a single glass "eye" right in the middle. A pair of thin leaf brass wings from its top beat so fast they looking like hazy blurs, making a constant tikkatikkatikkatikkatikka noise.

Looming behind them both is the hulking mass of Billy, apparently quiescent.

The tinkermage breaks into a sunny smile, which looks a little manic due to the strange magical lights flickering and coruscating around the opaque lenses of her goggles.

"I may just take you up on that. We really have no idea who these bandits are though, or what they want?" She lifts the strange device in her hands up and wiggles it. "They took this from someone else I know. Maybe they're after something like it from your stock?"

[sblock=OOC]Is that 5000gp per person, or split between us? :) Also do you have a specific appearance for the 'artifact' in mind, or are you okay with me making something up?[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
The artifact actually changes shape, so whatever you describe it looking like 'now' is fine. I'll tell you the first time it changes, but you do know that that's one of it's properties.

and it's 5,000 GP total, not each.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Mikken bows to the Elder William, and replies "Thanks. We'll try to maintain a vigilance for any other bandits. But I don't know why we've been hit twice by such organized groups of bandits, like they were expecting Mazerkans to flee the capitol or something. I just don't know...." He wanders off briefly to think on it, but sees one of the newcomers working on something wierd, and it piques his curiousity...

"Um, what is it you're working on...?" he inquires, walking over to her while looking on the strange device with worry. 'It's not going to explode or something, is it?' he thinks.

Once kitten sees Mikken's worry he smiles one of those smiles only a creature with more teeth then it should have can smile. Moving slowly and quietly he stalks Mikken and when he is right behind the mage he cries out and jumps onto his shoulder. With out missing a beat he then jumps off the mage and dashes under the artificer, a low chuckle like purr is heard.

[sblock=OOC] I don't think i really need them but
move silent 24
hide 23 (if tall grass 27)
jump 37
hide 28 if i can hide under Deezy
i rolled low for most of that, invisible castle doesn't seem to like me having fun[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Eh? Agh!"

Deezy looks down and starts to stand up as the kitten bounds under her. When she realizes what it is, she calms herself and waves off Billy, who was starting to rouse from her startled yelp.

Mikken finds himself the object of the flying eye's unblinking attention. It seems very interested in just...looking at him...as it hovers at head level.

Deezy holds up the thing again. It's a surprisingly small metal block that fits her in her hand, though she can't wrap her fingers all the way around it. It has a coppery, brassy color, and seems dirty at first look. But when Mikken comes closer, he can see that it's not dirty at all. Rather, the outside of it is made up of thousands and thousands of tiny, unimaginably small plates and wires, all nested among each other to give the initial appearance of a solid surface. Sort of like how scales can look smooth if they're small enough and fine enough. It isn't quite a cube either...more like a sort of diamond shape...a cube that has been stretched upwards and downwards a bit.

"It's pretty neat, huh?" she asks proudly, as if she'd invented it. "The guy I was getting it from, who had it stolen so I had to go get it, called it a Geometric Nucleus. I dunno if that's its real name or not. It's supposed to change into something else when it's active, but..." she shrugs.

tikkatikkatikka

The flying eye flits around behind Mikken, then downward. It returns to Deezy then and inspects Kitten there on the ground under her. Deezy herself doesn't seem to even notice its antics.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Mikken is caught completely by surprise..... He yelps and starts running around for a moment after the unseen assailant taps his shoulder, as he tries to find the invisible intruder.... His sword is drawn in seconds, after briefly fumbling with it, and Mikken looks reaaaally sheepish after a few moments, when it becomes obvious that there's nothing invisible pouncing on him.

"Um....what was.....who...how...um..." he stutters out, sheathing the katana. He does nothing but stand around sheepishly for awhile, eyes downcast. 'Well, crap.' he thinks.

[sblock=ooc]Mikken's Wisdom is 10, and his total Listen/Spot are +0....so he's very unperceptive. He'll never notice anything higher than DC 20, and rarely anything over DC 10. And he's a worrywort. ^_^[/sblock]

Remove ads