Final Fantasy J

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy breaks into laughter even as she tries unconvincingly to scold the cat.

"Bad kitty," she reproves, still giggling. "Scaring Mikken like that."

She looks back at the swordsman, grinning, and shoves her goggles up over her forehead to reveal her eyes.

"Anyway, I THINK it might be some kind of advanced animus engine, but it's hard to tell."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Sly seems to take to the woods, as the others are intent on leading the caravan out. Deciding to return to his area of influence, he halts, turning back to the caravan. With a resigned sigh, Sly turns back, and begins following the caravan, at a large distance. He does try to hide as much as possible, to not alert them of his presence, yet...

OOC - In truth, Sly is a bit wary about these people, and simply follows them for some time, intent on finding out their mannerisms, tendencies, and general purpose. Hide +33, Move Silently +25

At the camp, he spies the antics of the kitten, and can only smile, wickedly, at it's nature. He liked that one. Then, he turns, and begins to hunt. Once finding something suitable to eat, he then stalks into the camp, moves to the fire, and begins charring his meal, a little wary and alert, but not enough to show. Then, turning to the rest, he cocks his head to the side, and asks, "where we headed?"

Kitten peers out from under Deezy to see if Mikken bares any ill will. Upon hearing Sly he fully exposes him self and walks over to a open spot and transforms. He is not as large as he was previously and only the face of blue formed.

"If I keep needing to make speeches I'm going to need a recharge soon. I should have warned you earlier, 'kitten's' personality ebbs and flows between the three of us, mostly 30 so there will never be to much malice, but with 1 being there some of our games can seem a little cruel. As to where we're going, the caravan is more or less a colony that has yet to reach it's destination. It will travel cross the continent then the ocean to the new world. As one carnivorous monster to another, avoid eating people in the caravan but eating those that attack it, out of sight of the children mind you, you should be welcomed by most. Speaking of the caravan could some one take me shopping? I wish to restock my consumable stores, mostly the explosives." With this blue yawns and shrinks back into kitten, staring at both Deezy and Mikken with big eyes.

[sblock=mana points] 5/14 [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy puts the doohickey away and gets to her feet.

"I'll go," she says stalwartly. "Maybe they'll have something interesting!"

Fists planted on hips in a sort of challenge, she looks at the others present.

Arkhandus

First Post
Mkken just mutters "G-go ahead, get what you need. I-I'm fine." He tries to calm down and get over his embarrasment. 'I can't let myself look like a coward...but I can't help it if I was surprised....' he thinks with a scowl.

As Deezy and 'kitten' go off to the merchant cars, Mikken approaches Toral and says "Uh, hello....I think it would be best for the caravan's safety if, uh, we all understood what each of the guards can do.... So, uh, I was wondering if you could introduce yourself and, well, whatever your skills or talents are?"

After fidgeting a bit, and looking awkward, he adds "Oh, I should probably introduce myself first, huh... I'm Mikken, from one of the rural villages in Mazerka. General Aluf is my uncle, and he was supposed to be in charge of leading the caravan to some place safer for settlement.... Uh, I'm a black mage, green mage, and novice swordsman...but mostly just a mage. I have some green magic spells for making people tougher, bigger, faster, invisible, and such. I'm also pretty good with elemental black magic, but it's not my specialty. I trained for a little while with Uncle Aluf and some other swordsmen, but I'm not very good at it yet....so I'm not much use in close combat, but I try."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Kitty and Deezy head off for supplies while Sly cooks his meat. They find the stores of the caravan very well stocked, though explosives harder to come by than kitty had hoped for. Sly's Spices, on the other hand, are plentiful and inexpensive.
*If Billy accompanies them, then they find most of the citizens keeping far away from the monstrous effigy, but if he remains behind Deezy is approached a few times and thanked for her aid the other day, in addition to people coming up and asking about her... 'unusual' attire and gadgets.*

Meanwhile, Mikken describes his 'role' to Toral, and as he finishes, hears a hearty, feminine laugh.

"Apologies sir, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but upon overhearing your conversation, I had to interpose for a moment.. You don't realize what you are, do you? I saw you in battle, and I hear the way you describe yourself. You're much more than merely a 'mage and novice swordsman'. You seem to have the makings of the Red Mage."
The woman - a tall, graceful lady with flowing red hair - smiles "My name is Kiera, and I've known one of your kind before. If you ever want to talk.. just come find me." She giggled and curtsied, then turned to leave. The sudden crackling of the fire made Mikken jump and turn, and by the time he looked back she was gone. It was only then, with the return of the fire's crackling, and the sounds of the surrounding caravan, did Mikken realize that time had seemed frozen while the crimson lady, 'Keira', had spoken to him.

[sblock=ooc]
See ooc thread for explosives, spices don't worry about paying for. I like the RP value. :)
[/sblock]

Kitten starts off the stroll through the shops happy with a bounce in his step but after visiting a few of the stall his good mood seems to lessen, untill he seems to sulk. after the last stall he drags Deezy to he looks quite pittiful indeed. He twines himself through Deezy's legs

"meow" His meow seems kinda sorrowful. He then jumps on to Deezys shoulders and coils himself around her neck. Not much is really heard from him as Deezy does what shopping she wants. Though most likely the shops she might go to they've already been to, he sometimes perks up as Deezy looks at gagets or parts.

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy circulates aimlessly through the carts. Early on she realizes that Billy is A) Too big for this, and B) Scaring people. She tells him to stay over to one side and stop following for now. This leads to another complication...devoid of Billy's frightening presence, people start coming over to her.

Deezy basks in the attention though, beaming sunnily as she shows off her equipment. She fires a disgusting glop of goo from the Gobstopper, then freezes it with her Rod of Frost. She gives a jet-assisted leap with the Rocket Boots, and almost crashes right into a stall when she stumbles on landing. She flicks down the goggles and monocle, though they don't have any flashy special effects associated with them. The Crosscrank proves to be exceptionally popular, perhaps because it seems the most 'practical' of her inventions. It takes something familiar, a crossbow, and automates its use in a way that's relatively easy to understand.

Finally the crowd gets back to what it came here to do; shop. Deezy pets the kitten on her shoulder and babbles to it about how great it was to show everyone and maybe she'd inspired other people to go invent stuff, and sometimes people misunderstood inventors like her and...it goes on like that. She gets Sly's spices, but seems disappointed at her limited funds and visibly rejects a few things for herself, muttering to herself about how she'll need the money for parts for 'the mark two,' and 'Billy two.'

Finally she returns to Billy and has him resume guarding her, then trudges wearily back to the camp. It takes her several minutes to wriggle out of her vest and component belt so she can lie down without smashing important things. Without those bulky objects and their dizzying maze of hanging accoutrements, Deezy's scrawny, girlish frame is easier to make out. She looks surprisingly normal now in just her shirt and shorts. Her skinniness makes her look young, with the sort of gangliness that accompanies adolescence, though she must be older than that.

Clearly pooped out after a very full day, she scoots her bedroll closer to the fire and and sits on it, staring into the flames quietly with a thoughtful expression and a far-off gaze that's seeing something entirely different.

(OOC - If anyone wants to talk to her, she's available...otherwise I'm ready to move on. As for what she bought..well, Sly's Spices for dinner. :) She only has 1000gp though, so my instinct is to hoard a bit. I believe I will buy some components for her infusions though. Weapon Augmentation infusions require some gp expenditure, but can be mightily useful.)

Kitten sits by the fire and shakes out the little bag around his neck. Out of it falls a pile of coins and a couple potions. He offers up one of the potions to Mikken and sets about counting the coins. He keeps a running count of the total in the dirt beside him. When he finishes this the curls up and sleeps by the fire.

[sblock=OOC] A reminder about something that was brought up earlier. The 5000 gold we got was not split up but put into a party fund. I'm preety sure Jemal mentioned that we had a partly fund instead of individual gains, but i just wanted to bring it up again. if i'm wrong please just mention it Jemal.[/sblock]

Remove ads