• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Finally! Dungeon Tiles! But...

Drkfathr1

First Post
cmanos said:
I'll take pictures of the "tiles" I have made with the Hirst Arts molds and post them here.

Wow! I forgot about that site. You can do some pretty fantastic stuff with those molds. If I had a little extra money and the time, I'd use those molds for all my games.

D.Shaffer

First Post
cmanos said:
I'll take pictures of the "tiles" I have made with the Hirst Arts molds and post them here.
Wow. Those are nice, if sadly out of my price range. I look forward to seeing how you use them in practice. How modular do they end up being when complete?

Conaill

First Post
Yeah, Hirst Arts stuff is great. Better quality than most resin pieces, provided you're willing to put some effort into it.

For actual gaming purposes, I'd still choose cardstock over plaster any day though. It takes a LOT less work, is lighter, easier to store and transport, often offers better graphics (depending on the model vendor and your own painting skill, naturally), and is less fragile than plaster. And if one of your pieces does run afoul of the "careless gamer syndrome", you can always just print another one.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Drkfathr1 said:
Wow! I forgot about that site.

Man, how can you forget that website? I was never one for the molds. I think the bricks are too, I dunno, chunky or something. I love the tips and tricks stuff though. Plus the mold making tips. That website is a great resource.

Denny

First Post
Greetings all,

Denny Unger here, founder and designer at www.worldworksgames.com . It was brought to my attention that someone had spilled the DungeonLinX beans over here so I thought I would pop on over to give you some additional details about the set (Since I see other companies are pimping their goods I may as well join the fray ;) ).

Before I get into DLinX I would like to address an issue a few of you have brought up. I know some of you are still leery of the PDF “print and play” terrain market but if there is one thing I can guarantee it’s that once you try it you’ll be hooked for life. After you take the leap and start using ink refill kits the cost is mere pennies per page, which translates into you printing off massive terrain environments for next to nothing (just check out some of the incredible user builds in our ‘User Pictures’ section of our site for proof of that). There is a good deal of spin out there as well regarding the longevity of cardstock home printed terrain but I have 1000’s of users who have another story to tell you. And even if you have the misfortune of destroying a model element you have the distinct bonus of being able to quickly print and build a new one (the same cannot be said about other terrain solutions). Long story short, WorldWorks takes great care to create professional gaming products and offers many useful tutorials to get you on your feet if you are new to the craft (here’s a few videos to get you started: http://worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?main_page=infopages&pages_id=4 )

DungeonLinX 2.5-D

DungeonLinX is a completely new product type in the terrain market we at WorldWorks are calling 2.5-D. This is very definitely a 2-D tile system but it has the added bonus of having vital elements produced in full 3-D (Doors, treasure and other exciting elements). This hybrid blends the best of both worlds and makes the product approachable to all gamers regardless of skill level. The 3-D elements that are included have been designed for ease of construction and they fold flat for transportation (excluding the dragon ;) ). The tile set has the ‘LinX’ moniker attached to it because our tiles utilize WorldWorks ‘PaperLinX’ system which anchors each corridor and room section together to prevent tile slippage and create modular “on-the-fly” layouts. This system is completely optional but comes with extensive instructions on how to properly mount your tiles for maximum longevity and ease of use. Each tile is lovingly hand crafted (no cartoony or rehashed textures here) with a level of detail and realism that has not been previously seen in the 2-D tile market. We are confident that this first release in the 2.5-D line will set a new industry standard.

DungeonLinX is still in Post-Production but we are expecting a release sometime next week (June 13-17th). You can follow its progress with sneak peeks, join the conversation and even suggest design changes or add items to the wish list for future products here: http://www.worldworksgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2809 . Enough of my blabbing, here are some additional promo shots for you (Thanks for listening J ):

dlpromo1.jpg

dlpromo2.jpg

dlpromo4.jpg

dlpromo5.jpg

Support the underdog! ;)

smetzger

Explorer
1) Don't forget aboutthe Steve Jackson tiles. Those things have been in constant circulation for a very long time.

2) I believe TSR sold tiles back in the 1e days. I know I had some at the time and I'm pretty sure they were from TSR.

teitan

Legend
Drkfathr1 said:
Wow! I forgot about that site. You can do some pretty fantastic stuff with those molds. If I had a little extra money and the time, I'd use those molds for all my games.

Darn tootin'! I just bought the basic Gothic molds and started building a dungeon with them and with just those two sets you can make quite a bit of things though they aren't as decorative as the advanced gothic dungeon I have made quite a bit of nifty things beyond just those basic plans. We are really looking forward to using them in the future and it is MUCH cheaper than Dwarven Forge once you make so many pieces. I'm getting some decorative molds and the wooden plank molds for the village tiles I am making.

For the village tiles I am taking a 3x3 piece of ply wood and cutting it up into modular pieces and building houses out of plasticard and the plank molds along with a couple of wells, a guillotine etc. Going to make a huge house etc as well.

Jason

Conaill

First Post
Just a quick heads-up that there are some more previews, plus a downloadable sample up in the DungeonLinX discussion thread on WorldWorks Games.

The full name of this set is now officially "DungeonLinX: Lair of the Dragon God", and it has a definite "lava" theme to it. There should be plenty of non-lava elements as well though, and it looks like this will only be the first set in a series.

Price point should be around $10. Haven't yet heard a page count, but based on what we've seen so far, I'm guessing it'll be at least 20+ pages.

Remove ads