D&D 5E Finally

pukunui

Legend
What sorts of creatures are in the beast appendix? Is it just like wizard familiars, druid wildshape creatures, and that sort of thing? Or is it a fully-fledged mini bestiary with goblins and such in it too?

I really appreciate you answering our questions. :D

I heard there was some way a Ranger could spend his spell slots without actually casting spells, much like the Paladin spends slots on Divine Smite. How does the Ranger do so?

Palladion

Adventurer
I really appreciate you answering our questions. :D

I heard there was some way a Ranger could spend his spell slots without actually casting spells, much like the Paladin spends slots on Divine Smite. How does the Ranger do so?

Upon glance, I do not see a way for the ranger to expend spell slots except to cast. They do have a Spells Known list, so they need to select what spells they know (like a sorcerer).

When multi-classing, does the Warlock's Thirsting Blade invocation stack with the Extra Attack feature?

I can answer this one, based on excerpts I've seen.

No. None of the classes that offer multiple attacks in one action stack. Remember, it doesn't say "You gt one extra attack per action." It says "You can attack twice."

If two classes give you that, you still only attack twice.

The only way to get regular multiple attacks in one action (as opposed to via a bonus action, like two-weapon fighting) is to be a fighter of 11th level or higher.

Palladion

Adventurer
When multi-classing, does the Warlock's Thirsting Blade invocation stack with the Extra Attack feature?

Thirsting Blade (page 111): You can attack with your pact weapon twice, instead of once, when you take the Attack action on your turn.

Extra Attack: You can attack twice, instead of once, when you take the Attack action on your turn.

When you read them side by side, it seems they do not stack, since they both do the same thing by replacing the Attack action, not adding an attack.

Remove ads