• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Finally

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Just to clarify because I wasn't certain about the answer. The spell Find Steed, does it have higher level variant animals you can summon?

Sorry for asking you to repeat.

While it doesn't mention higher-level variants, it states that your DM may allow other animals to be summoned, which could easily be a stronger creature around your level.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Okay, here's a question for everyone that has the book: What is your favourite piece of art so far? What really grabbed you?

The art adjacent to Saving Throws is my favorite, showing a guard failing an intimidation save against a barbarian standing face to face while gripping the guard's helm.

Simple but it stands out.

squad

First Post
I recall seeing a post about the imp, but I was wondering what's unique about the other familiars that a Warlock can get: pixie, pseudodragon, and quasit. Thanks!

Lygah

First Post
608:Necromany Savant: Price and time to scribe Necromancy spells into book halved. Grim harvest: Once per turn when you kill a creture with a spell of 1st or higher, gain hp equal to double spell level, triple level if spell was necromancy. Undead Thralls Add animate dead to book if its not there already, when you cast animate dead you raise one more corpse and any undead made gain hp equal to your wizard level and proficiency bonus to damage rolls. Inured(not Injured) to death: Resistance to necrotic damage and hit point max can't be reduced Command Undead: You can take control of undead, free or otherwise, undead has to make a charisma save, if it has an int of 8 or higher it has advantage, if it has 12 or higher it saves again ever hour.

609: It only lists the lower level options.

610: I am a touch partial to the full page elf caster on page 25, but thats early impressions

616: Pseudodragons have advantage on many perceptions checks and a sting that can knock foes unconcious on a low roll. Quasits have invisibility, scare 1/day. Botha have magic resitance and damaging poisons. Sprites have a weak melee attack, a poisoned shortbow invisibility and on a touch can know a creatures emotional states.

Last edited:

Psikerlord#

Explorer
This thread has made me so jealous I could choke!

Here in my part of AU we're being told the PHB will be available variously on the 18th, 22nd or after (these are WPN stores).
*Although someone has said their Good Games store in Sydney was selling some already/tomorrow.

Ah well I'll continue to live vicariously through these little snippets until I can get my grubby hands on my own in a week or two.

Say whhhaa? Which Good Games!? Central or Clarence Street (or other!)?

Remove ads