D&D 5E Finally

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Well, I read it. Looks good so far. Looking forward to playing with some new stuff.

There are far more spells than I expected. The Wizard has 32 second-level spells on it's list, as an example! Pretty great. Overall, pound-for-pound, I don't think any edition has managed to cram so much into it's PHB.

Totally minor nitpick:
The art is great overall, but I really can't stand how small halfling feet are, and how big their heads are. They just look so top-heavy I can't see how they'd have a good dexterity. It's silly, really. Not that it matters. My world's halflings won't look a thing like that.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
. . . Totally minor nitpick:
The art is great overall, but I really can't stand how small halfling feet are, and how big their heads are. They just look so top-heavy I can't see how they'd have a good dexterity. It's silly, really. Not that it matters. My world's halflings won't look a thing like that.

You could claim that the halfling art is all foreshortened: each halfling is being observed from above, even if the perspective doesn't look like that; so the halflings' heads are each nearer to the (taller) observer and consequently appear larger than they really are, while their feet are farther away from the (taller) observer and consequently appear smaller than they really are.

Vael

Legend
I just heard from a few people that the PHB was delivered to their homes this morning just before lunch. I also heard a few jokes about calling in sick for the afternoon... heh.

Glad you guys are getting something out of the thread... I guess I need to jump the gun on Monster Manual next...

... I'd like to point out that it's your fault that I've been obsessively checking my email ... still no shipping email.

Oh well, I needed another reason to go to my FLGS tomorrow anyway. Looking at the book will just be a bonus.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
I just heard from a few people that the PHB was delivered to their homes this morning just before lunch. I also heard a few jokes about calling in sick for the afternoon... heh.

Glad you guys are getting something out of the thread... I guess I need to jump the gun on Monster Manual next...

It seems WotC are very serious about the community/customer service aspect of this edition, by immediately surprising their fanbase/customers with early releases and constant intentional leaks. That is one thing Mearls has done pretty well since the inception of Next, is the far greater communication with customers over prior editions of D&D. I say Bravo.

On a side note, a tiny scratch appeared on my PHB cover this morning and my heart broke a little. Ah well, it's only a matter of time before pizza-fingerprints and coffee stains.

Gertak

First Post
I know it's been talked around a bit, but if any of you get a chance to read through the animate dead spell (and finger of death) does it still specify medium humanoids? The leaked alpha had given necromancers access to large and huge, losing those is going to be a pretty heavy hit to their power level I think, especially since most of their abilities are somewhat based around undead minions.

Palladion

Adventurer
I know it's been talked around a bit, but if any of you get a chance to read through the animate dead spell (and finger of death) does it still specify medium humanoids? The leaked alpha had given necromancers access to large and huge, losing those is going to be a pretty heavy hit to their power level I think, especially since most of their abilities are somewhat based around undead minions.

It only says, "The target becomes a skeleton if you chose bones or a zombie if you chose a corpse." (PHB 213) Higher levels create or assert control over more undead creatures, but does not state anything about size or type. The Appendix only lists medium sized undead.

Brian Michaluk

First Post

animate dead medium or small - nothing I see in it lets you have bigger higher level slots give you more undead.

finger of death "a humanoid killed by this raises as a zombie"

Emmissary

First Post
Multiclassing into a Wizard please, or if it would be easier, to just take pictures of the 2 multiclass pages that works too.

Thank you in advance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases