• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Finding Shirts Online

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I start a new job December 1st after over a year of temping. My work shirts have gotten quite ratty, so I want to find some new ones. But I'm having trouble with my Google-fu to locate what I'm looking for. My top criteria is short sleeves, so shopping in a physical store at this time of year in the Chicago area is pointless. Anyone know where I can find reasonably-priced (pref. $25 or less) shirts that meet the following criteria?

1. Short Sleeved
  2. Button-Down
  3. 100% Polyester
  4. 3XL
  5. Preferably not solid colors, but also no floral/hawaiian patterns

Nellisir

Hero
If you have shirts that you like, I'd start by going to their websites. I don't know how far you'll get under $25, though - that's pretty cheap nowadays. I find some decent stuff at Goodwill & Salvation Army too; excellent shape & cheap.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I seem to have good luck at Walmart and VanHuesen. Walmart's website seems to have less in stock that their physical stores, while VanHuesen points you to retailer websites. I guess the most frustrating part of the search is that none of the store sites filter by material. I really need stuff that resists wrinkling, because neither I or my wife feel like ironing, nor do I want to have to pay for constant dry cleaning.

Nellisir

Hero
I seem to have good luck at Walmart and VanHuesen. Walmart's website seems to have less in stock that their physical stores, while VanHuesen points you to retailer websites. I guess the most frustrating part of the search is that none of the store sites filter by material. I really need stuff that resists wrinkling, because neither I or my wife feel like ironing, nor do I want to have to pay for constant dry cleaning.

I get 35 results for short-sleeve, button-down, under $25, shirts at Sears, including a number that say "wrinkle-free", "easy-care", or "wrinkle-resistant". I rarely see material listed, but "wrinkle-free" or similar is common.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Sears looked like a good catch until I see that they consider 3X to be Big & Tall (regular only goes up to 2X). The cheapest easy-care, short-sleeve, button-down shirts with the 3X criteria are $34. All stores seem to rake you over once you hit big & tall, but most others only include 3XT and 3XB as B&T, not 3X. I'm used to paying a couple more bucks for a 3X vs. a 2X, but not the $20 difference I saw on Sears. At $34 I could get better shirts. The search continues, thanks for the help so far.

Remove ads