ZEITGEIST Finona Duvall's trained skills in 4e (or lack thereof)

Finona Duvall in 4e has absolutely no skill trainings. This conflicts with how she is supposed to be an arcane researcher (Arcana training is required to detect magic, for one), and with how she is supposed to be a viable double agent whom the party can bring along the train (this would suggest Bluff training).

Finona Duvall's Pathfinder incarnation has ranks in Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (history), and Knowledge (planes), which would suggest that her 4e version should be trained in Arcana, Bluff, Diplomacy, and History. Would this be accurate?

Last edited:

Sure. I believe that adventure was written originally in PF, and converted to 4e, so I guess I missed that part. There never was really a guideline for what sorts of skills if any to give NPCs and monsters, so it must have slipped my mind.

Honestly, in later adventures, I got a sense that some elements of 4e statblocks (and PF ones too) were more trouble than they were worth. We spent nearly 5 years making the campaign, so my design sensibilities shifted over time. I tweaked things to be what I felt would be playable, even if it wasn't by-the-book.

Remove ads