• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

firefly fans, vote

argo

First Post
Although I am a foaming at the mouth 'Scaper I know that there is no point in pulling for a return to eposidic television. The show only had one more season anyway and the producers apparently have that covered (though my hatred for Sci-Fi channel still burns bright :mad: )

The real dilemma here is Firefly or Futurama. But Firefly has a lot of story left to tell and if the movie does well it has a chance of making a comeback. Futurama's fate already seems sealed by Fox's insistance of keeping Simpsons around for the next hundred years even if that means keeping an undead zombified version of the show. So I vote Firefly.

I do wonder though why Angel was on the poll. I know that it was canceled a little early but my impression was that the show had prety much run its course and that they were given enough warning to wrap it up? Note: I didn't watch the show and know nothig of what I speak. If I am wrong angel fans please don't... er... bite my neck. :uhoh:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
argo said:
Although I am a foaming at the mouth 'Scaper I know that there is no point in pulling for a return to eposidic television.

Well, really, there's no point pulling for anything to return to episodic television, statistically speaking. So few things ever come back that it's a pipe dream no matter how you slice it. So, it isn't what you think realistically has a chance, but what you most want to see.

argo

First Post
You misunderstand me. I didn't mean that it had no chance of returning but that it is kinda pointless to return for one season when there are other ways of finishing the show (miniseries, movie, novels). And I also would not want them to try and bring it back for more than one season since they seemed to think (and I agree) that it was time to wrap things up and I am a big beliver in having TV shows bow out with grace when their due time is up.

Which is why I hold that the Simpsons should have retired years ago and abdicated its throne to Futurama, but that is another rant....

Now Firefly OTOH was strangled in its crib and if it was given a second chance I feel it could provide us with 4-5 strong seasons of quality TV which is why I think it is the most deserving of the shows on the poll.

3ebb

First Post
Clearly FireFly should return. It was robbed. At least Farscape got 4 seasons. I'm in the second season of Farscape and although it's fun to watch, it just doesn't hold a candle to Firefly. There's just too much over the top cheesy stuff...

Last edited:

Remove ads