• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E First game of Pathfinder last evening...

seregil

First Post
and after two years of 4E, all I can say is..

ahhhhhhhhhhhh! That felt good!

I ran U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh an old 1E adventure. The group managed to clear out the first floor and half the second in 3 hours.

Had a few bumps, where I could not remember the rules or they had changed from 3.5E, but still, really felt good. No meta-game healing surges where you 'slap the guy here, the guy over there heals his sucking chest wound'.

All in all, much better. Looking forward to playing again soon.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
"Pathfinder?" "Yes.Breathe the free air my friend" Hah. Well anyway congrats on giving it a shot. Feel free to ask anyone here if you have pathfinder questions. This community is very helpful. And reading a random thread every once in a while can help you find your next campaign...or even you next boss for the party to fight :). Gl in your game man.

seregil

First Post
Great module, was there anything in there that didn't covert to Pathfinder quite well?
As strange as this may sound: Rot Grubs!

In basic PF, they are a disease and one that would kill off the party very quickly at level 1.

Everything else was ok. Spiders, centipedes, stirges, all are ok and appropriate for the party's level. The molds are not available, but I found a level appropriate replacement.

That's the thing: you have to keep an eye on the power level. For example, the 4th level illusionist in the original module can potentially call on 9 pirates for reinforcements.

well, if you straight convert, for a 1st level group, we're talking about a CR 4 calling 9 cr 1/2 creatures for help. You'll kill the party right quick if you are not careful.

Overall, however, quite easy to convert.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads