• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fists of the Long Death

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Flamerule 22 (Early Evening)

The sour-faced monk gestures for his companion to stop sparring and turns to sneer at you.

"What do you know of our traditions ... novice?"

[By the way, I hope you realize that Ra'Faz is in the exact same physical condition he was in at the end of our last game session ....]

Last edited:

Ra'Faz

First Post
[Crap....forgot haha]
[Ra'Faz has 21 hp as of right now]

"Brothers.....I dont want to be left out of our tradtions. Yes I'm a novice to the trations of the Monks of the Long Death. But I have studied Death for my whole life. Hummm let me see If I know of our tradtions brothers.....If you dont mind??"

<Stepping back a few steps>

<I draw my eyes shut....I spread my arms and gaze upwards to the sky>

[I'm doing Aftersight] [10+7= 17 on local history of this area]

The Thayan Menace

First Post

You receive a brief vision of cloaked figures entering a structure that looks like a newer version of the ruined edifice that you are in right now. Apparently, in its prime, the structure was a series of joined mausoleums ... tended by black-robed caretakers.

When you open your eyes, the surly monk is still glaring at you. The other bretheren have stopped their sparring and are looking at you as well.

There is an uncomfortable silence, and a light breeze blows through the chamber ....

Ra'Faz

First Post
<Ra'Faz clears his throat>

"Brothers...I have already proven myself to be among your tradtions."

"Come out with it....Whats on your mind brother?"

"Speak...lets not have any ill will during our training.....lets clear the air and move on with seeking a perfect death."

<unfolding my arms showing no hostilty towards the glaring man>

The Thayan Menace

First Post

Although you were aware of it before, the atmosphere of the training area seems particularly sinister now.

Flickering light from foul smelling lanterns illuminates the chamber.

A faded and cracked frescoe graces the back wall; it depicts a malformed demonic figure guarding a gateway packed with writhing humanoids.

The floor is strewn with pieces of broken pottery and discarded bones.

The shadows here seem exceptionally long and distorted ....

The Thayan Menace

First Post

The angry monk rubs a scar on his chin and continues to stare you down. The other brothers look on, but they seem nervous ... as if this showdown is not something they were expecting.

After a few tense moments, the vengeful one grins and says in a threatening whisper, "Your challenge is accepted. To the death then ...."

[Roll for initiative.]

Last edited:

Ra'Faz

First Post
[20+8=28 initiative]

<Glares at the angry monk>

(In Rashemi)....."Your death will be slow, even if its not by my hands."

The Thayan Menace

First Post

[You win initiative.]

What do you do?

[Also ... I typically assume that you converse with your Long Death bretheren in Rashemi, unless you say otherwise. After all, it is their preferred language.]

Last edited:

Ra'Faz

First Post
[I move in towards him striking him with a Stunning Fist]

[12+10= 22 attack roll]

[DC is 17]
[Damage is 14 points if I hit] [7+5+2=14]

The Thayan Menace

First Post

You snap his head back with a fist strike, and he reels from the impact.

The other monks move away from the fight and loosely encircle you.

[Your opponent does not act this round; go again ....]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads