Fixing/Improving Recall Knowledge

CapnZapp

Legend
Uh, the post goes on for a while doing exactly that, is it not showing on your end or something?
No, I mean I won't waste my time on someone dismissing my well-reasoned, backed-by-play-experience, arguments as "silly".

All your post does is lay out what you want Recall Knowledge to do, without engaging in my specific arguments for why it doesn't happen that way, and how I conclude the design idea does not work as advertised.

If you honestly want to discuss, you need to engage with my arguments and not just speak in platitudes. Yes, the idea that you might want to know a Golem's resistances and feeding habits is a good one, but you can read in my post why it works poorly in the context of the game, in and out of combat.

While you're at it, show me you've read Celebrim's excellent analysis as well, and I might just take you on good faith after all.

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
No, I mean I won't waste my time on someone dismissing my well-reasoned, backed-by-play-experience, arguments as "silly".

All your post does is lay out what you want Recall Knowledge to do, without engaging in my specific arguments for why it doesn't happen that way, and how I conclude the design idea does not work as advertised.

If you honestly want to discuss, you need to engage with my arguments and not just speak in platitudes. Yes, the idea that you might want to know a Golem's resistances and feeding habits is a good one, but you can read in my post why it works poorly in the context of the game, in and out of combat.

While you're at it, show me you've read Celebrim's excellent analysis as well, and I might just take you on good faith after all.

Uh, that's a lot of pomp and overwrought hand wringing for the word "silly" as applied to a conversation you happen to be one of a bunch of posters taking part in, especially when the word "silly" was meant to convey a sense that I felt the matter was being over-complicated rather than a dismissal of any posts in particular.

You don't set the goalposts for my arguments to be acceptable, and nothing about what I said in any way suggests a bad faith as I outlined an approach implicit in the texts that addresses all of your concerns, so while I appreciate your attempt to undermine it, no thank you.

Engage with my response, or I'm happy to take the forfeit as an admission that you can't meaningfully do so.

CapnZapp

Legend
Engage with my response, or I'm happy to take the forfeit as an admission that you can't meaningfully do so.
Nope that's not how it works. You choose to call my engagement with an issue I take very seriously "silly", and then proceed to completely ignore all the hard data points I bring up. Instead you merely detail an unsubstantiated wishlist of how you want the mechanic to work.

That's simply not credible.

Instead, if you find anything specific in my posts you disagree with or have questions about, feel free to ask.

cmad1977

Hero
When someone says a simple power like Recall Knowledge is ‘broken’ I can’t help but come to the conclusion that 5e isnt the game for that person.

Remove ads