D&D 5E Fizban Is In The Wild -- With the Table of Contents!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

8BFC444C-5615-4B7D-8BB7-F5D32D4F4C49.jpeg

E9ABFDE2-7C70-4917-8A3B-8C08CC5818DF.jpeg

E8DE898D-6851-408A-BC24-7010CEF5FF14.jpeg

My plan is to get the new box set in January, I wonder how much content from this book might come to the new book.. I guess not that much so I could probably buy that one too.
I'm guessing none. Not only does the monster book from that set seem to be basically Volo's and Mordenkainen's updated, but you don't undercut your own sales by releasing a replacement three months later - and announcing that replacement before the original is relased!

Anyway, the purpose of the new book mainly seems to be to update non-MM monsters to the new stat block style, and Fizban's stat blocks are already in that style from the previews...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hmm, so no specific chapter(s) for the three settings that are supposed to be mentioned in this book. It seems there won't be as much of a reason for me to buy this book than I had original thought. I wanted more fluff and less crunch. Ah well, it was too much to hope for to get a full Council of Wyrms chapter.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hmm, so no specific chapter(s) for the three settings that are supposed to be mentioned in this book. It seems there won't be as much of a reason for me to buy this book than I had original thought. I wanted more fluff and less crunch. Ah well, it was too much to hope for to get a full Council of Wyrms chapter.
If you look at the list of sidebars, there are Dragons from Dragonlance, Eberron, the Forgotten Rralms, and Greyhaek mentioned. I'm sure there will be other tidbits throughout, but as usual their primary audience is homebrewers who like to crib from those Settings.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
If you look at the list of sidebars, there are Dragons from Dragonlance, Eberron, the Forgotten Rralms, and Greyhaek mentioned. I'm sure there will be other tidbits throughout, but as usual their primary audience is homebrewers who like to crib from those Settings.
And I am a homebrewer first but I really wanted to see Council of Wyrms get more than sidebars or a cameo mention in this book. Ah well, I'll take a look at it at my FLGS and decide for myself if there is enough 'fluff' for me to buy it. But, I don't think it is a major priority for me to buy the moment it official comes out on the 26th.

pukunui

Legend
My plan is to get the new box set in January, I wonder how much content from this book might come to the new book.. I guess not that much so I could probably buy that one too.

I'm guessing none. Not only does the monster book from that set seem to be basically Volo's and Mordenkainen's updated, but you don't undercut your own sales by releasing a replacement three months later - and announcing that replacement before the original is relased!

Anyway, the purpose of the new book mainly seems to be to update non-MM monsters to the new stat block style, and Fizban's stat blocks are already in that style from the previews...
Yeah, I don't expect any of what's in Fizban's will be in the Monsters of the Multiverse book. Jeremy also said that both Witchlight and Fizban's provide a preview of what to expect in terms of stat block reformatting ahead of MotM and the anniversary books.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
And I am a homebrewer first but I really wanted to see Council of Wyrms get more than sidebars or a cameo mention in this book. Ah well, I'll take a look at it at my FLGS and decide for myself if there is enough 'fluff' for me to buy it. But, I don't think it is a major priority for me to buy the moment it official comes out on the 26th.
I dunno, it looks like a good balance overall. Chapter 5, for instance, is all fluff focused on their 20 main Dragon types.

Mercador

Adventurer
Yeah, I don't expect any of what's in Fizban's will be in the Monsters of the Multiverse book. Jeremy also said that both Witchlight and Fizban's provide a preview of what to expect in terms of stat block reformatting ahead of MotM and the anniversary books.
Yeah, I would be surprised too. Well, I guess I need a gift anyway :)

Remove ads

Remove ads