• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Fizban Is In The Wild -- With the Table of Contents!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

8BFC444C-5615-4B7D-8BB7-F5D32D4F4C49.jpeg

E9ABFDE2-7C70-4917-8A3B-8C08CC5818DF.jpeg

E8DE898D-6851-408A-BC24-7010CEF5FF14.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Not too different from what I was expecting. I'm slightly concerned about whether the new names for draconians is just a strangely unneeded re-naming exersize, or whether the name "draconian" is getting the eladrin treatment and being reused for an entirely different creature.
Based on the tidbits I've seen, they aren’t changing anything, but these names are more conducive for new DMs to see what they do by the name if they want to borrow them.
Hmm, while I like tables, I would prefer more written fluff. But, I get it, the designers of 5E seem to love their tables for randomly generating ideas for NPCs.
Well, it's a mix of tables and written fluff. Random tables are such a great prep tool, in my experience, particularly to make a NPC unique.

Remathilis

Legend
Yep.

Yeah, probably just giving an example stat block of how Great Wyrm dragons work along with the template info. Or it will have all the information for the different types of dragons inside the stat block, like the Summoning spells from Tasha's.
My guess is that it will be a template + stat block that will take an Ancient and make it Mythic (double hp, extra actions, etc).

Just noticed the "Dragons of Song and Steel" sidebar on page 44, which is in the "Shape-shifting" section. Both song dragons and steel dragons are shapeshifters, so we're going to get some info on them apparently. I'm guessing they'll use another dragon type as base and list the changes needed to create a song or steel dragon, like they did with the steel dragon in Dungeon of the Mad Mage. They used the silver dragon as the base for the steel dragon there, and song dragons were similar to copper dragons as per Monsters of Faerun, so I'm assuming they'll use those as the bases.

Looks like we got two more dragon types than previously expected here!

I guess poor mercury Dragons got left out.

Song dragon

Steel dragon

I think your right about Steel = Silver and Copper = Song, but I think Song Dragons will trade the variety of shapes in its Ancient and Great Wyrm age in exact for being able to shape shift into a single beautiful human woman form at any age.

I kind of like the idea of a Great Wyrm Song Dragon.

I hope Deep Dragons get their shapeshifting back, they lost it in 4e.

I also note that of all the hypothesises about why we didn't see Ancient Deep Dragons in the preview of high CR is that it's the weakest of the big Dragons, only CR 18. I wonder if they are still considered Chromatics or if the Ancient Purple Dragon, like the Dragon Turtle, the Ancient will be their equivalent to a Great Wyrm.

I'm also looking forward to the Dragon Gods part, could we be getting the Draconic Pantheon?

dave2008

Legend
4 whole pages on how to run full Drsgons as player characters, right in Chapter 2 in the ToC, in the middle of the discussion of how a DM can RP Dragons.

4 pages means it's more than "hey, kids, you can pretend to be dragons, now go make up some rules." Nit a lot more, but something.
I don't see anything like that in the ToC - what am I missing?

Remove ads

Remove ads