D&D 5E Fizban Is In The Wild -- With the Table of Contents!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

Some people have received their copies of Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and have posted photos (including the table of contents!) online!

8BFC444C-5615-4B7D-8BB7-F5D32D4F4C49.jpeg

E9ABFDE2-7C70-4917-8A3B-8C08CC5818DF.jpeg

E8DE898D-6851-408A-BC24-7010CEF5FF14.jpeg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I dunno, it looks like a good balance overall.
So far, it is the "Dragons in Play" chapter that has me most intrigued. How much will the Dragon Characters section allow for CoW play? And the 4 to 4-1/2 pages of Dragon Organizations could be interesting as long as it isn't mainly about the Cult of the Dragon. Yet, only 5 pages dedicated to Dragon Campaigns, in general.

I am glad to see Bestiary entries for Draconians and Gem Dragons though. But we knew the gem dragons were going to be in the book.

Just noticed the "Dragons of Song and Steel" sidebar on page 44, which is in the "Shape-shifting" section. Both song dragons and steel dragons are shapeshifters, so we're going to get some info on them apparently. I'm guessing they'll use another dragon type as base and list the changes needed to create a song or steel dragon, like they did with the steel dragon in Dungeon of the Mad Mage. They used the silver dragon as the base for the steel dragon there, and song dragons were similar to copper dragons as per Monsters of Faerun, so I'm assuming they'll use those as the bases.

Looks like we got two more dragon types than previously expected here!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So far, it is the "Dragons in Play" chapter that has me most intrigued. How much will the Dragon Characters section allow for CoW play? And the 4 to 4-1/2 pages of Dragon Organizations could be interesting as long as it isn't mainly about the Cult of the Dragon. Yet, only 5 pages dedicated to Dragon Campaigns, in general.

I am glad to see Bestiary entries for Draconians and Gem Dragons though. But we knew the gem dragons were going to be in the book.
Take a look at Chapter 5: that's nearly 80 pages of fluff.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Take a look at Chapter 5: that's nearly 80 pages of fluff.
Yes, I did see that, but will it be "new" new or new for 5E that redoes the fluff from the 3E Draconomicon I still own? I hope its newer fluff or fluff with a different spin. New roleplaying ideas are always good.

Hmm, I wonder if each dragon listed in that chapter will have fluffy suggestions for how each is different on different worlds. This is what blue dragons are like on Toril, but on Krynn, they're different in these key ways, etc, etc. If not, well, hopefully there will be something that makes this book stand apart from the 3E Draconomicon.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yes, I did see that, but will it be "new" new or new for 5E that redoes the fluff from the 3E Draconomicon I still own? I hope its newer fluff or fluff with a different spin. New roleplaying ideas are always good.

Hmm, I wonder if each dragon listed in that chapter will have fluffy suggestions for how each is different on different worlds. This is what blue dragons are like on Toril, but on Krynn, they're different in these key ways, etc, etc. If not, well, hopefully there will be something that makes this book stand apart from the 3E Draconomicon.
Apparently there will be a lot of Tables in that chapter to roll on. Think the NPC generation suggestions from Chapter 5 of the DMG, written by...James Wyatt.

Not too different from what I was expecting. I'm slightly concerned about whether the new names for draconians is just a strangely unneeded re-naming exersize, or whether the name "draconian" is getting the eladrin treatment and being reused for an entirely different creature.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Apparently there will be a lot of Tables in that chapter to roll on. Think the NPC generation suggestions from Chapter 5 of the DMG, written by...James Wyatt.
Hmm, while I like tables, I would prefer more written fluff. But, I get it, the designers of 5E seem to love their tables for randomly generating ideas for NPCs.

Remove ads

Remove ads