D&D 5E Flamestrike and Stalker0's little adventure

Stalker0

Legend
Youre next aren't you?
With the Bargle's reaction consumed by the shield, Vizardo realizes that this is his moment.

He pulls the last of mystic power together to release one more fireball upon the scene. The goal is to hit the book and as many of the enemies as i can without hitting my friends.

DC 15 dex
Damage: 32 fire

With the Bargle's reaction consumed by the shield, Vizardo realizes that this is his moment.

He pulls the last of mystic power together to release one more fireball upon the scene. The goal is to hit the book and as many of the enemies as i can without hitting my friends.

DC 15 dex
Damage: 32 fire

That's going to be pretty hard.

You have the altar with the book, and directly in front of it is Bargle, in melee with the Fighter and Bard.

It's either the Book (lob it behind the melee), or the Book, Bard and Bargle (bring it forward a bit).

Stalker0

Legend
That's going to be pretty hard.

You have the altar with the book, and directly in front of it is Bargle, in melee with the Fighter and Bard.

It's either the Book (lob it behind the melee), or the Book, Bard and Bargle (bring it forward a bit).
I guess it will be the book then.

I guess it will be the book then.
A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger and then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame; the detonation ringing through the chamber and echoing down the pit below.

The Grimoire turns to ash as it is caught in the blast, and you hear a slurping 'Ngggggoooooooo' screaming up from the depths below.

Bargle mouths something in the radius of the silence spell; you dont need to be a lip reader to tell he's swearing revenge on you.

Next is the Cleric; he dashes back to you, getting ready to heal you noting your weakened state.

After the Cleric is... Bargle. Weakened by the loss of his Grimoire, and with his plans foiled, and stuck in the middle of a Silence spell, things look grim.

He moves 20' outside the radius of the Silence spell, provoking at attack of opportunity from both the Fighter and the Bard.

Fighter is at +8, and Bard is at +6.

You can roll them; let me know how you go, and then I'll finish his turn.

Fighter Roll: Nat 1!
Bard Roll: 5 + 6 = 11

You cant hear either of them cursing!

Wanting to take the casters out, he casts Magic Missile, upgraded to a 5th level slot - 3 missiles aimed at you, and 4 missiles aimed at the Cleric.

Damage is 8 points to you, and 15 to the Cleric.

By my reckoning, that reduces both of you to Zero HP (you were on 3 and the Cleric 13), am I correct?

Stalker0

Legend
You cant hear either of them cursing!

Wanting to take the casters out, he casts Magic Missile, upgraded to a 5th level slot - 3 missiles aimed at you, and 4 missiles aimed at the Cleric.

Damage is 8 points to you, and 15 to the Cleric.

By my reckoning, that reduces both of you to Zero HP (you were on 3 and the Cleric 13), am I correct?
I was actually at 2, so yep that drops us.

As the missile streaks toward me, I cinematically smile and say "the last desperate act of a dead man".... and then fall unconscious ;)

I was actually at 2, so yep that drops us.

He laughs maniacally and then continues to move another 10'.

Luckily for everyone, next goes the Fighter, then the Bard and then the Rogue (after which, you and then the Cleric will need to make me a death save, and then it will be Bargles turn again).

I can tell you now; the Fighter is going to advance and swing twice at +8, praying for a hit or two (damage is 2d6+5).

The Bard will also advance to Bargle to trap him (keeping out of the line of any future lightning bolts) and swing with Greenflame blade at +6 (2d8+5 damage).

Then the Rogue will shoot at +8 with advantage for steady Aim (damage is 1d8+4d6+5 if he hits).

Roll those 4 attacks for me, and let me know how the attack rolls go. I can tell you now, his AC is 15 (20 with shield, which he casts as soon as he is hit by an attack).

Stalker0

Legend
Fighter Rolls: 2 + 8 = 10, miss
15 + 8 = 23, hit.... 10 damage

Bard Roll: 10 + 6 = 16, miss

Rogue: 13 or 11 (13) + 8 = 21, hit....24 damage.

Vizardo Death Save: 18, 1 success
Cleric Death Save: 7, 1 fail

Remove ads