D&D 5E Flamestrike and Stalker0's little adventure

Fighter Rolls: 2 + 8 = 10, miss
15 + 8 = 23, hit.... 10 damage

Bard Roll: 10 + 6 = 16, miss

Rogue: 13 or 11 (13) + 8 = 21, hit....24 damage.

Vizardo Death Save: 18, 1 success
Cleric Death Save: 7, 1 fail

On Bargles turn, he lighting bolts the Fighter and the Rogue, using a 4th level spell slot (32 damage).

Fighter is at -1 to his save, and fails; he's now on 19 HP. Rogue is at +7 and passes (no damage thanks to evasion).

The Fighter then swings again, twice at +8.

Roll that for me, and then we can deal with the Bards turn.

Fighter Rolls: 18 + 8.... hit, 12 dmg.
Rolls: 5 + 8...miss.
The Bard provokes an attack of opportunity from Bargle as he races over to you and the Cleric (Bargle wisely doesnt take it).

Figuring the Cleric is the worst injured, he then uses Lay on Hands on the Cleric for 9 points, bringing him back up to 9.

Ouch!

You'll need to make me a death save.

After that, the Cleric will use his final 3rd level slot (he was saving it for an emergency revivify) to cast cure wounds on you.

Let me know how you go.

Stalker0

Legend
Ouch!

You'll need to make me a death save.

After that, the Cleric will use his final 3rd level slot (he was saving it for an emergency revivify) to cast cure wounds on you.

Let me know how you go.
Death Roll: 11, stable. Not that it matters, as soon as the cure wounds hits me I lose any death fails anyway.

CWounds: 15 + ability mod

Bargle goes next. He looks around, his potent magic running low, his plans in tatters. The tide of rhe battle has well and truly turned.

He angrily sneers 'This isn't the last you've seen of me!' before his sniveling homunculus Gribbly lands on his shoulder, and then casts teleport, both of them dissapearing from the room.

Last edited:

The party victoriously trudges back to town, beaten and weary but victorious! The Dwarves of the Clerics Church meet you there, with the townsfolk assembled and cheering your names!

The mayor declares this day will be a public holiday named after your group, and presents you all with medals at a ceremony that evening.

Hurrah!

Observations

In a 6 encounter adventuring day (2 short rests) no class dominated any pillar, and each did their jobs. The Bard and Fighter were the primary faces, the Rogue the Scout and eyes and ears and the Wizard and Cleric provided knowledge and lore.

The rogue outputted consistent DPR but the Fighter held the edge in most combat encounters. Your Wizard was vital in turning a few encounters on their heads as well (Hezrou and Hobgoblins).

The Bards buffs provided invaluable, as did the Clerics (plus his healing).

At the 6 encounter/ full AD XP budget, you had to carefully ration your spells.

With skills and class features you contributed primarily in the combat pillar, with the exploration pillar a close second (mainly thanks to Arcana being very useful in this adventure).

In the social pillar however you used zero class features or skills, and what skill checks were called for, you had 2 other PCs (Bard and Fighter) who were better at those skills (intimidate, persuasion, deception, insight).

Interestingly, according to the DMG you guys should have been finishing that 6 encounter Adventuring day out of resources,and that is precisely what happened on literally the second last round of the day!

How did you find it?

Remove ads