Flaming Burst

Baumi

Adventurer
I'm not planning in creating a flaming burst weapon, but there is a spell in Defenders of the Faith called "Flame of Faith" wich create temporarily a flaming burst enchantement on a normal Weapon.

It seems that this is really a bit weak enchantement, but as a spell it's ok. How we will use the flaming burst will depend on the GM after seeing that it is not clear by the books ... but thanks for your answers! :cool:

Have FUN!
Baumi

Hawkeye

First Post
I can understand the logic of having a creature that is immune to critical hits, however, does this make them immune to a burst ability? I thought they just used the critical hit as the mechanic for when the burst goes off. You don't get the extra weapon damage since the creature in question is immune to critical hits, but the burst still goes off since the mechanics indicate that it did.

Hawkeye

hong

WotC's bitch
hammymchamham said:
which is why I am going to get a burst enhancement on my gnomish BP. 4d6+3d10 (elemental) isn't too bad. Oh, and add some sneak attack dice to that too

Don't forget to make it keen, and get Improved Crit as well. x4 crits on an 18-20 is ouchy!

hammymchamham

First Post
hong: right now he's lvl 10, I plan to get improved crit at 12th. he just got Keen put on his trusty weapon. in our campaign its pretty much 'if its in the DMG you can buy it in this one city, but else where its a problem.' so the problem is getting to that one city...alive

magnas_veritas

First Post
hammymchamham said:
hong: right now he's lvl 10, I plan to get improved crit at 12th. he just got Keen put on his trusty weapon. in our campaign its pretty much 'if its in the DMG you can buy it in this one city, but else where its a problem.' so the problem is getting to that one city...alive

Also, if you've got the funding, and a flexible enough DM, ask if you can get a Screaming Burst on your Crit Pick o'Doom.

Screaming Burst: +2 enhancement bonus

As Screaming, but adds d10 Sonic damage on critical hits. If crit multiplier is x3, +2d10, and x4, +3d10. (CL: 12+, preq. Craft Magic Arms & Armor, shout or sound burst)

We use that as a replacement for Thundering, since, well, Thundering ain't that useful. And very few creatures have sonic resistance or immunity.

For a while, my character had a crit-pick of doom, +1 screaming burst shocking burst. I didn't actually use it, as I critted once/blue moon, and so it got sold for capital to buy a Skin of the Hero.

Brad

hammymchamham

First Post
going for acidic burst. someone already has screaming burst, one has flamming burst, and another shocking. And since I'm playing an underdark race, acid seems to be more in line with the whole Earth subtype

Remove ads