Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

Quickleaf

Legend
I'm ok with just fleeing to Kabal on my own to escape the Knights of Ren. Coming up with connections between my Jedi padawan Rico and the others is difficult.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

I had a similar problem. But posting my background draft really helped. Having others see the outline and being able to comment and add where they can see their character crossing paths with yours really helped me solidify my background and the connections I have. Without it I would have never imagined that my characters uncle was actually a smuggler.

Well, I'm not requiring you to have connections to other PCs. I'm gently encouraging (with bonus XP ;) ). Some players really like the style of "I don't know anyone and I'm meeting all of the other PCs for the first time." Nothing wrong with that.

Anyhow, if you do want to have some character connections, I heartily agree with VLAD that you should just share whatever you have for your PC's background. The more eyes on your character you can get, the more ideas are going to come up. That's why it's called a "Session Zero", because we have zero idea of what crazy ideas are going to come up. :D

EDIT: Would me starting Friday be too soon? Does anyone need more time than that to work on your character?

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
I think I'm good. Need to know what bonus so I am getting. Think it would be +10 XP (5 from being human and 5 from connections to 2 other pcs). Just wanted to make sure this was correct before I spent the bonus XP.

Sent from my LG-H910 using EN World mobile app

Yes! That looks good to me as well.

EDIT: I'll set up a Rogues' Gallery thread for us in a second... and Rogues' Gallery is up!

Rogues Gallery - post your finished PCs here!

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
I also think Kospirian has a bonus +10XP (5 for the game dice/roller, 5 for two characters connected)... Its just super expensive to play Force Sensitive (20XP) so hard to fill out other areas I think he is lacking :)

Quickleaf

Legend
I also think Kospirian has a bonus +10XP (5 for the game dice/roller, 5 for two characters connected)... Its just super expensive to play Force Sensitive (20XP) so hard to fill out other areas I think he is lacking :)

That looks right to me as well.

Remind me of Kospirian's connections to other PCs?

I'll try not to be stingy with XP – seems like the system is meant to be pretty generous – 10 XP/player per "session" and on top of that +5 XP for milestones/story awards, +5 XP for playing to your motivation, and a few XP at the GM's discretion for great ideas/roleplaying.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yeah, we have found it a bit too generois sometimes lol

As for starting Friday, that's fine, though I normally don't post on weekends, so I might not get to it until Monday. But go ahead.

How much bonus XP does Arsinoe get? I need to update her before I post her.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Quickleaf

Legend
Yeah, we have found it a bit too generois sometimes lol

As for starting Friday, that's fine, though I normally don't post on weekends, so I might not get to it until Monday. But go ahead.

How much bonus XP does Arsinoe get? I need to update her before I post her.

ACK! Editing... I think +15 bonus XP is right.

+5 for human, +5 for connections to at least Rex and Garrett, +5 for story background connecting to Skylark (being blackmailed by her to help Resistance)

Quickleaf

Legend
Great! I will get her worked up and posted tonight. I assume this is after the fact XP and can't be spent on Characteristics?

Yes, that was my intention. Thanks for asking to clarify!

[MENTION=6788545]xynthoros[/MENTION] I just did a quick XP expenditure check on Rex...maybe my numbers are off, but looks like you're shy 10 XP which you can still spend?

Rex XP double-checking
Rex starting XP is 180 = 175 (droid) + 5 XP character connections (bonus)

I'm assuming you spent the bonus from obligation 20 entirely on credits.

CHARACTERISTICS = 120 XP total
2 Agility = 20 XP
3 Intellect = 50 XP = 20 XP + 30 XP
3 Cunning = 50 XP = 20 XP + 30 XP

TALENTS = 10 XP total
Enduring (droid)
Codebreaker = 5 XP
Gearhead = 5 XP

EXTRA SPECIALIZATIONS = 20 XP total
Slicer (within Technican career) = 20 XP

SKILLS = 20 XP total
Astrogation 2 (1 free droid/career) = 10 XP