• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory

Memnus

First Post
(The Isle of Olynar, just off the coast, appproximately on the seaway between Mittendien and Lorlynia. Anyone who's made that journey, or between Mittendien and Caedmon, will at least know it's there, and not exactly inhabited. Otherwise, unless you have knowledge: geography, the most you might know is that it's east of here.)

The scrolls are enough to carve a channel through to a nearby dry creekbed, and slowly, the unnatural lake drains. The seeds burrow happily into the mud, seemingly eager to plant and sprout.

To Rolf's question, Fleck shrugs. "It's not exactly a center of trade. As the ship sails, it's between Mittendien and Lorlynia, but people making that trip don't bother stopping. Who knows how often ships actually go there. If we're looking for passage there, though, Ettledein would be the place to ask."

Last edited:

crystorix

Explorer
Sailing, sailing....

Seeing as this captain was one of the few who were willing to take passengers to this isle, Rolf at some point questions the captain if he's been doing so for years, and if so, if he remembers taking a family of woodsmen four or five years ago.

(What are our fellow passengers like?)

Memnus

First Post
Grundlus has only been making this run for the last two years, but there have been groups of Mittendieners heading out to Olynar fairly regularly every few months. Most of them are hunters, and the only real profit to be made off te island is taking them food and ale in exchange for furs.

The other passengers are a gruff lot, and prefer to keep to themselves. They are armed with bows and axes, obviously woodsmen, and shoot distrustful looks at Valdir especially, and all the group by proxy.

Emiricol

Meier, used to being distrusted, keeps to himself and quietly observes. Any unusual (ie probably magical) equipment keeps his attention, as do any bits of jewelry that look valuable. Still, on a cramped ship he isn't inclined to steal from others onboard - good way to get thrown overboard!

No, more of a hobby, and possibly for future reference...

crystorix

Explorer
((Here's our last few lines from Sunday))

Rolf: "No. Maybe we can have Valdir shoot at them while I work my way defensively toward them. While they're fixated at us, Meier can be invisible and Argus flying, and you two jump them from surprise when I start getting close."

Meier: "Sure, if I was invisible they'd never hear me coming. It's just the lack of cover that makes it hard to sneak up on them."

Valdir : "They probably won't be peeking up too much."

Meier: "Maybe we could go around and attack from the other direction."

Rolf: "That's the other idea I alluded to earlier. attack from uphill."

Argus: "You any good at climbing Meier?"

Meier nods. "Sure. Sometimes it's easier than the doors."

Valdir : "A few well-placed rocks from above could ruin their day."

((So let's continue our strategizing))

Last edited:

Memnus

First Post
Fleck snorts. "And how do you propose to get rocks above them, chip them out of the ground? Anything we can carry from here will make a lot of clatter, but hardly bruise them. And the ground in there wasn't exactly littered with stones."

He scratches his beard, stifling a yawn. "It just doesn't fit, though. The ethereal plane doesn't have ground, and it obviously hasn't been drawing from here - shadow, maybe?"

Last edited:

firehorse

First Post
Valdir shrugs "I was being only half serious."

After a slight grin, he continues a bit more seriously, "I might suggest that we first endeavor to limit their escape routes. If there is a corresponding cave on this plane, we could block it up first so they cannot escape to this plane. Then, when we go after them on their plane, we should attempt to at least scout out their positions 'stealthily' before going in. For that I would suggest Meier and myself. Then I, and possibly another archer, could keep them pinned down while the others get in close enough to carry out the assault portion of the plan."

firehorse

First Post
Valdir receives his ring back from Argus and seems lost in thought for a minute. Then he walks over to Rolf.

"I think maybe you could use this more than I. I would be happy indeed if you were to share the scouting duties with me. This ring should help." He then hand the ring to Rolf.

"With your superior tracking skills combined with my complimentary skills, we should make quite the team, eh?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads