• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For the emperor ! (IC thread - always recruiting )

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Is this like an Orient Express type thing, where we're in small enclosed rooms within the train car? Or is it one big open space full of seats? The crucial point being...can we see them, and can they see us? :))

jackslate45

First Post
Rat could hardly believe himself. First an arbitrator , now an Inquistor?!

However, he knew that if he did not help the Inquisitor, his life was probably forfeit anyway. Saving the Inquisitor's life might also give him an opportunity to move up in the world!

Rat draws both his pistols and crouches low behind the the seat. Hopefully the seats were sturdy enough should combat start.

DrZombie

First Post
[sblock=OOC] sorry 'bout that :). The carriage is open. There's a small wooden wall between the rows of seats about chestheight, which will provide some cover. There are no other modifiers besides range at this point.
Combat is quick and dirty. Does evryone have access to the books or at least the section about combat? otherwise I'm gonna have a long long post to write :) [/sblock]
Init order:
14 : Bodyguard, Noble
12 :Kestrel, Zhent, Rat
10 : the enemy
8: McLane
5: Kincade

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Posting my actions now in case I'm unavailable on my turn, please disregard them if they're negated by the actions of those before me, though I doubt they will be.

McClane shoves his way past the still-groggy Kinkade "Wake up and get yer head down!" he growls at her as he hits the floor, Shotgun in hand and aiming through the crowd.
[sblock=combat]
Move action, Ready Action. McClane moves to the side past kinkade, then forwards as much as possible towards the pilgrims (Half Movement 3) while drawing his shotgun(Ready action) [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Harrigan Zhent, Imperial Psyker

Harrigan does as he's told, keeping low. He tries, however, to center himself. fingers playing along the runes of the wooden carved bracelet he wears. He mutters under his breath, but between the chaos around him and the excitement of the whispers in the presence of bloodshed, he finds his efforts wasted.

OOC: Invocation test. If I figured this right, target number was 60 (50 Willpower +10 Psy-focus). Fail.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel takes up her high-powered rifle and lays it over the seat backs in front of her, sighting down the barrel at the lead 'pilgrim.'

"In the Emperor's name," she murmurs, "and by His grace, I send you to be with Him in the Light in the Void, forever."

The rifle coughed quietly and bucked back into her shoulder as she mouthed the word, 'amen.'

(OOC - Ready Weapon, taking cover behind the seatbacks, and standard attack on the lead pilgrim.)

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Chaos ensues. You can see some fierce melee fighting erupting in the background. Fazed by the noise and the violence Zhent tries to center himself, but fails to find the mental concentration necessary to safely prepare a psychic casting. Kestrell leans her rifle on top of the seats, aims and fires. One of the heretics briefly screams in agony when the bullet punches through his chest . He falls to the ground choking on his blood.
Rat grabs his pistols and peeks over the edge, seeing a mass of pilgrims ready to unleash violence.
The pilgrims turn around and start attacking the clerics and merchants. The merchants, startled by the sudden outbreak of violence cower behind their seats, their cries of mercy and their pleas to the Emperor for salvation unanswered. The clerics are outraged by the betrayal of the pilgrims. The carriage booms with the fire of a massive pistol of some sorts, and one of the pilgrims is turned into a bloody goo. More conventional lasfire is exchanged, but it appears the pilgrims care little for cover, and charge heedlesly towards their nearest foes.
McLane jumps forwards, crosses the gangway and dives into cover in the next compartment, shotgun at the ready.

Init order:
14 : Bodyguard, Noble
12 :Kestrel, Zhent, Rat
10 : the enemy
8: McLane

5: Kinkade
[sblock=OOC]the pilgrims move into close combat with the clerics and the merchants. There's a group of four pilgrims heading your way. I will adjust the map tonight. Kincade is next. [/sblock]

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
"well....the LT wouldn't approve of losing another arbitrator to usleess scum like this.......show time!"

Kelly draws her shotgun with a quick motion and levels it to fire at the first poor soul to get in its range...seeing 4 pilgrims walking her way she fires her shotgun....a wild look in her eyes and a grin of joy across her face.

jkason

First Post
Harrigan Zhent, Imperial Psyker

Harrigan gets a good grip on his staff as the pilgrims converge.

Let us hurt them. Let us squeeze their hearts. All quiet afterward the voices whisper inside the psyker's head, and despite his failure to focus, he relents. He sets his gaze on one of the small group approaching them, feels a chill as he opens himself to the warp, reaches out through it into the nerves of the man and yanks.

OOC: Okay, I think I did this right. Manifesting Spasm against the furthest of the four approaching pilgrims. If he fails his Willpower test, he makes a Ballistics Test to hit the closest creature (which, if I figured that right, should be one of them instead of one of us?), then falls to the ground.

Last edited:

Remove ads