• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For those "Hero" fans

talinthas

First Post
Yeah, i saw it a few weeks ago. Great story, very game like.
Aside from the fact that they had an Asian Orlando Bloom as the lead actor, the movie was very very good, right up till the last 45 min. Beyond that though, it was a gorgeous film, and well worth taking in at the theatre.

Caius

First Post
Takeshi Kaneshiro the lead male actor has been around for a long time (before orlando) and in japan is as big a star as tom cruise. many I've know who are deeply into the who japanese movie "scene" say he's probably an even bigger star. I mean the Onimusha video games basically use his likeness as the main character.

anyway point is he's not an asian orlando bloom although from someone who doesn't know who he is I can see why they would say that.

hong

WotC's bitch
Got the DVD a month ago from edaymovie.com. Like Talinthas said, it's absolutely gorgeous, and is great right up to the last half hour. Then it gets silly, even by the melodramatic standards of wuxia. Still, the dance scene with the drums and gongs alone makes it worthwhile.

Ibram

First Post
wow, that looks well and truely awsome. I hope they show it near where I live, otherwise i might just have to get the DVD.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Caius said:
Takeshi Kaneshiro the lead male actor has been around for a long time (before orlando) and in japan is as big a star as tom cruise.
Damn. I can only hope the people in Japan would get over their fascination with Tom Cruise fast.

Caius said:
many I've know who are deeply into the who japanese movie "scene" say he's probably an even bigger star. I mean the Onimusha video games basically use his likeness as the main character.

anyway point is he's not an asian orlando bloom although from someone who doesn't know who he is I can see why they would say that.
Meh. He's more like Viggo Mortensen to me. Jet Li is Orlando Bloom (sans moustache).

talinthas

First Post
i'm well aware of who takeshi kaneshiro is, but the first thing i saw when he showed up in this film was, damn, they cloned bloom =) Heck, even his archery scenes are eerily LotR.

My girlfriend is a huge fan of his, and as such i have had to sit through such movie gems as "The Returner" -_-;;

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads