• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Ok, this one is not a bug but a sheet design suggestion:
I've got an Owl familiar named Whispers. On CS2 where the MOUNT/FAMILIAR blocks are, I can see Whispers is a Beast, but it doesn't say Owl anywhere. I think the species is probably more important to list than the type.
Btw, I love the MOUNT/FAMILIAR blocks in general, especially how you can change their usage as needed.
I would like to see more animals in the Wild Shape page, 4 just doesn't seem like enough for a Druid in the mid-levels.
And I hope we can get more of the basic beasts defined in the animal listing for Mounts, my Halfling wants to ride a Mastiff. But there's much more important items to do first, so put that towards the bottom of your list.

Bug, should be using a different named variable Companion1AnimalType which will display Owl (Beast)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Is there an easy or practical way to copy blocks of text from the old sheet to the new sheet? I have a fairly extensive Backstory and Allies section and Expedition notes on CSIV and CSV, but when I try to copy them, even one line at a time, I get copy/paste selection areas are different, or can't do that in a merged area errors.

When i wrote the backstory and other text earlier, I wrote it in Word, and then tried to copy it into the 1.6x sheet. No good, same kinds of issues. So I tried copying text in a line at a time. Again, no good.

So I typed it all (retyped) it all in. And then I had to do it, again, a line at a time, because wrapped text went off screen.

I'd had to have to retype all this in again into the new sheet, it would be nice to have a big text area in which I could just type notes and paste them in. As it is now, I'm keeping them in Word and printing those separately.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I'll enable CSIV and V to be unlockable in future versions so you can DYO :)

rhombism

Villager
I'll enable CSIV and V to be unlockable in future versions so you can DYO :)

Awww, but I like it when you do it for me...

Two tiny maybe bugs.

On Spellcasting sheet when you get more than 21 spells, the number in the area above the spells where it says "Prepared/Known 19 of 23" The 23 is ## cause the field is too narrow. Not a giant issue since it doesn't print.

I'm doing my Light Cleric, Hill Dwarf, and I used to get 4 languages, now I get 6. Not for nothing, I like having 6, but I think it's 4. Unless we can just add two to something. And then I'd like it to be Hit Points. or Platinum Pieces.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I think one of your fixes messed up the races & subraces matrix. I pick Halfling, and Lightfoot is the only option for subrace. I pick Half-High Elf, and Deep is the only option for subrace. I pick Tiefling, and Bronze is the only subrace. Hmm, can a Bronze Tiefling breath fire in addition to resisting it? :)

It looks like the error is most likely in the Halfling list, since races above that have multiple choices, but Halfling and below only have one option. Though now I want to try playing a Stout Human (totally not a Dwarf!)

You're right, the alignment of subraces was out! fixed in the next alpha build. nice catch :)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Awww, but I like it when you do it for me...

Two tiny maybe bugs.

On Spellcasting sheet when you get more than 21 spells, the number in the area above the spells where it says "Prepared/Known 19 of 23" The 23 is ## cause the field is too narrow. Not a giant issue since it doesn't print.

I'm doing my Light Cleric, Hill Dwarf, and I used to get 4 languages, now I get 6. Not for nothing, I like having 6, but I think it's 4. Unless we can just add two to something. And then I'd like it to be Hit Points. or Platinum Pieces.

For the languages, check there is nothing in the training box (I left 2 in there in the last alpha during testing). if there is nothing look at where the additional language is coming from in the start sheet under languages- e.g. Race (x), Background (x), Class (x), Subclass (x).

I'll check the cell size for the prepared spells and update

rhombism

Villager
For the languages, check there is nothing in the training box (I left 2 in there in the last alpha during testing). if there is nothing look at where the additional language is coming from in the start sheet under languages- e.g. Race (x), Background (x), Class (x), Subclass (x).

I'll check the cell size for the prepared spells and update

There was a 2 in the Training box that I didn't catch. Dangit. I feel dumber now.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Awesome work, found a few bugs so far in the Alpha 2
* Warlock level 2, under Eldritch Invocations, I can select "Repelling Blast" without having the "Eldritch Blast" cantrip selected.
* Additional feats still don't display - With Additional 1 feat selected, but no Core Feats (1-8) selected, it doesn't display the Feat text anywyere, however it does seem to affect calculations.

Ex: Additional 1: Observant, it correctly has me assign one more stat point to INT/WIS, however the other bonuses do not appear under "Race, Class, Background, & Feats" anywhere (or in the associated areas)
* Under "Active Features" on CS1, both "Cast Faerie Fire DC14" & "Case Darkness DC 14" both appear, even though I'm only a 2nd level Drow

Thanks! Behaviors corrected in the next alpha version. Active features is still early but good to see they are functional

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads