• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

alphasmart

First Post
Hey apologies if this has been mentioned, but I found a little bug (v2B5) - a L3 Monk with the Monastic Tradition Way of the Four Elements can have Elemental Attunement and one other Discipline, but your spreadsheet allows 2 disciplines (with no option for Elemental Attunement).

Also, I'd be surprised if this hasn't been suggested before, but it would help (and be really easy to implement) to have a button to do the dice rolls for you where relevant.

Do you have a better place to report bugs and suggestions than this thread? I'm sure it can't be the most effective system, since nobody's going to comb through a 200 page thread to see if your question's already been asked.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hey apologies if this has been mentioned, but I found a little bug (v2B5) - a L3 Monk with the Monastic Tradition Way of the Four Elements can have Elemental Attunement and one other Discipline, but your spreadsheet allows 2 disciplines (with no option for Elemental Attunement).

Also, I'd be surprised if this hasn't been suggested before, but it would help (and be really easy to implement) to have a button to do the dice rolls for you where relevant.

Do you have a better place to report bugs and suggestions than this thread? I'm sure it can't be the most effective system, since nobody's going to comb through a 200 page thread to see if your question's already been asked.

Thanks for the feedback, I made changes a few builds back which changed how this functioned. For now type in Elemental Attunement, I've corrected this in the next build so you will see it in the dropdown list

For adding feedback, this forum is the best way - just add your comment and I will generally reply to it or someone in the forum may respond.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I know that this has been already addressed, but I don't know where to look: Is the Revised Ranger from the UA account capable with this character sheet?

UA material is not included in the tool. Base class customization is currently not supported. However, I suspect that the revised Ranger will make an appearance in an officially released WotC book in the near future. They are still getting play test feedback so it's likely the ranger will change slightly.

scarabapa

Villager
ForgedAnvil, I love your product and use it regularly. Is there any way for the Character Backstory space on Character Sheet IV (using 2B5) to be a solid block (merged) instead of multiple lines. I usually create my backstory in Word or another processing then want to transfer it onto the character sheet. Multiple lines makes it difficult to do this. Thanks again for the great product.

Conandar

Explorer
On the downloads page there is a link to a F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions) that flwad created. Please take a few moment to scan it for your answers, particularly if you have reason to suspect your question has been asked already.

Unearthed Arcana? Not supported. Don't ask.
Entirely new classes? No, not at this time. Maybe later. No timeline. Adding a new class is not a trivial task.

Between finalizing version 2 of this tool and adding support for the newly released Volo's Guide to Monsters (so much more than just monsters!), ForgedAnvil has his work cut out right now.

johnsolo

Explorer
Howdy, awesome sheet as always. Not sure if this is a bug, but when selecting Favoured Soul as a Sorc, the weapon and armour proficiencies do not work, even though the Custom sheet has them listed (e.g. the character summary doesn't list it, nor does section 10 on the start sheet register the proficiency, is that as intended?

talosilus

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, I made changes a few builds back which changed how this functioned. For now type in Elemental Attunement, I've corrected this in the next build so you will see it in the dropdown list

For adding feedback, this forum is the best way - just add your comment and I will generally reply to it or someone in the forum may respond.

To piggyback on what FA stated, Elemental Attunement is only required to be selected at 3rd Level only, afterwards you can change it to another. On p. 80 of the PHP the third paragraph under Disciple of the Elements section.
(Whenever you learn a new elemental discipline, you can also replace one elemental discipline that you already know with a different discipline.)

dorpond

Explorer
2.00 Beta 5

I can't seem to add a character portrait or hide blank spell lines on the character sheet like I used to. Seems like those fields are locked or something.

I hope this isn't a user error :p

Also, with 2.00 Beta's, I have to manually add the Song of Rest feature (Bard Feature). I manually add it to get around this.

Another note: nowhere on the character sheet is there the 'Background Feature' printed out.

Great work, and thanks for all your efforts!

GravGunner

Villager
2.00 Beta 5

I cannot rename a Subclass for a Rogue(via the Rename bar below the selection), This hasn't worked since Beta 3(I have an older sheet where I can't change it either).
I cannot even select that field, I think there is protection still active.
ForgedAnvil 2.00 Beta 5 Rename.png

Remove ads