• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil, I love your product and use it regularly. Is there any way for the Character Backstory space on Character Sheet IV (using 2B5) to be a solid block (merged) instead of multiple lines. I usually create my backstory in Word or another processing then want to transfer it onto the character sheet. Multiple lines makes it difficult to do this. Thanks again for the great product.

Thanks for the question, answer is absolutely! You can design your own (DYO) sheets the way you like them... This flexibility is in no other character generator at the moment. Each character sheet can be unprotected and customized. For your example, unlock CSIV and use the merge and center function, then justify right and align at top and you're done :) reprotect the sheet to avoid accidental changes to the sheet (no password)

T-Dawg

First Post
Just rediscovered this great tool for 5th Ed after having used it years ago with 4E.

Rolling up a Paladin and I noticed that the defensive reaction granted by the Protection fighting style isn't automatically populated in the reaction section on the CS1 page. It's detailed on CSIV, but it'd be nice to have a reminder of the option on CSI's list of actions, etc. I did add it via Additional Actions section on the Start page.

Thanks.

scarabapa

Villager
Thanks. That is awesome. I have never actually tried to unlock the page before since I thought it would be password protected. I will take a look at it and test it out.

Love the work, can't wait to see the new PCs in the future builds.

Conandar

Explorer
With the release of Volo's Guide to Monsters and new playable races / monsters, I can see a need for Climb (Taxabi) and Swim (Triton) speeds when entering a custom race, along with the already existing Fly option. Yeah, both can be modified using the Start page options, but it would be nice to be able to enter them as part of a custom race, too.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
With the release of Volo's Guide to Monsters and new playable races / monsters, I can see a need for Climb (Taxabi) and Swim (Triton) speeds when entering a custom race, along with the already existing Fly option. Yeah, both can be modified using the Start page options, but it would be nice to be able to enter them as part of a custom race, too.

Good point, I don't have access to VGM currently and until I do I can't add these to the tool. I've got a few from some screenshots posted on enworld but not all. will update the custom races with climb and crawl :)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Just rediscovered this great tool for 5th Ed after having used it years ago with 4E.

Rolling up a Paladin and I noticed that the defensive reaction granted by the Protection fighting style isn't automatically populated in the reaction section on the CS1 page. It's detailed on CSIV, but it'd be nice to have a reminder of the option on CSI's list of actions, etc. I did add it via Additional Actions section on the Start page.

Thanks.

Noted, updated in next build

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
2.00 Beta 5

I cannot rename a Subclass for a Rogue(via the Rename bar below the selection), This hasn't worked since Beta 3(I have an older sheet where I can't change it either).
I cannot even select that field, I think there is protection still active.

Thanks for the feedback, you're spot on the protection is still enabled on those cell. removed for the next build:)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
2.00 Beta 5

I can't seem to add a character portrait or hide blank spell lines on the character sheet like I used to. Seems like those fields are locked or something.

I hope this isn't a user error :p

Also, with 2.00 Beta's, I have to manually add the Song of Rest feature (Bard Feature). I manually add it to get around this.

Another note: nowhere on the character sheet is there the 'Background Feature' printed out.

Great work, and thanks for all your efforts!

Thanks! Added Song of Rest to the Active Features with auto dice calc. The background feature is displayed on CSIV

musselwhitet

First Post
Hey ForgedAnvil,

You have an INCREDIBLE character sheet. Thank you for all your hard work!

One thing I found in using it is that the Wizard's Arcane Tradition drop down seems to be protected and I can't figure out how to change the selection. Steps to reproduce: Enter any value greater than 300 into the XP box, select Wizard for you class levels 1 and 2, and find Arcane Tradition still locked. I have tried selecting Wizard all the way up to level 20 to see if it ever unlocks, but that didn't seem to be the case either.

I haven't found any other issues, so keep up the great work!

Conandar

Explorer
Hey ForgedAnvil,

You have an INCREDIBLE character sheet. Thank you for all your hard work!

One thing I found in using it is that the Wizard's Arcane Tradition drop down seems to be protected and I can't figure out how to change the selection. Steps to reproduce: Enter any value greater than 300 into the XP box, select Wizard for you class levels 1 and 2, and find Arcane Tradition still locked. I have tried selecting Wizard all the way up to level 20 to see if it ever unlocks, but that didn't seem to be the case either.

I haven't found any other issues, so keep up the great work!

I just tested this and, for me, the Arcane Tradition choices are usable. What is not selectable is the rename field, which was noted a few posts ago. Next build should have that corrected.

Remove ads