D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Richard Adams

First Post
v 2.10 Bug found:

I have a Mountain Dwarf, Fighter, Clan Crafter. Str 15, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Char 8.

Character Details correctly show that the speed should be 25ft and that speed is not reduced when wearing heavy armor. However the Character Sheets keep reflecting it as 15 ft.

I opted for the Chain Mail, Martial Weapon and Shield, 2 handaxes, and an explorer's pack. My 2 Artisan Tools (1 Racial, 1 Background) are Smith's Tools & Mason's Tools.

I have tried several different combinations even leaving Artisan Tools as Non-Carried Equipment. Nothing helps however. I believe that the issue is with the Dwarf Racial Ability and the Chain Mail Heavy Armor not working together properly.

I have also wondered if it is a proficiency issue.
Dwarven Armor Training gives a proficiency in Light and Medium Armor. Not Heavy. But the Racial Speed advantage as stated above says that Speed is not reduced when wearing heavy armor.
Fighters are able to use All Armor and Shields.

Can you clear up what is going on here?

Hydraaa

First Post
For Aasimar: Should the use of commas for abilities in the Racial traits and the sub-racial traits be made consistent with the other races that have sub-racial abilities (move the leading comma to the sub racial trait and rearrange the abilities in the racial trait?

dunstvangeet

Explorer
v 2.10 Bug found:

I have a Mountain Dwarf, Fighter, Clan Crafter. Str 15, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Char 8.

Character Details correctly show that the speed should be 25ft and that speed is not reduced when wearing heavy armor. However the Character Sheets keep reflecting it as 15 ft.

I opted for the Chain Mail, Martial Weapon and Shield, 2 handaxes, and an explorer's pack. My 2 Artisan Tools (1 Racial, 1 Background) are Smith's Tools & Mason's Tools.

I have tried several different combinations even leaving Artisan Tools as Non-Carried Equipment. Nothing helps however. I believe that the issue is with the Dwarf Racial Ability and the Chain Mail Heavy Armor not working together properly.

Dwarven Armor Training gives a proficiency in Light and Medium Armor. Not Heavy. But the Racial Speed advantage as stated above says that Speed is not reduced when wearing heavy armor.

Check out the start page, and see if the "Variant Encumbrance" box is checked. This will cause the generator to automatically go by the Variant Encumbrance rules laid out on Page 176 of the Player's Handbook. That causes a drop of 10 feet in speed if you go over 5 times your strength in weight (so, for instance, if you have a 20 strength, it would be over 100.) That's my guess as to what's causing it. If you uncheck that box, then it'll go back to the simple encumbrance rules.

Casanovious

First Post
Like the FAQ says no plans to add UA stuff. It's enough work for him just doing the official stuff. The subclasses can be entered as custom subclasses yourself.

I saw 3 custom classes but no blank ones. To create a custom class, do we have to delete the information on one of the existing custom classes?

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
v 2.10 Bug found:

This is how the rule is currently applied in the tool. PH p144 states:

"Heavy Armor. Heavier armor interferes with the wearer's ability to move quickly, stealthily, and freely. lf the Armor table shows "Str 13" or "Str 15" in the Strength column for an armor type, the armor reduces the wearer's speed by 10 feet unless the wearer has a Strength score equal to or higher than the listed score."

This only applies to the Standard Encumbrance rule. The Variant rule on p176 states

"When you use this variant, ignore the Strength column of the Armor table in chapter 5."

Let me know if there is any official reference to update this to apply to the Variant Encumbrance rule.

Remove ads