D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

SansMoins

Explorer
Remember that you can used named fields in the overrides area. So, if you want something have your Wisdom as the attack stat, you can override the Attack Bonus to be "=ProfBonus+WISMod", and it will automatically update when your Proficiency bonus or Wisdom modifier changes. Overriding damage to use Wisdom, you'd have to do something like "=Concatenate("1d8+",WISMod)"

Spending a little time with learning the various bonus/mod names (or just taking a guess and scrolling through Excel autocomplete) really shows just home customizable this tool can be. And just how amazing ForgedAnvil is with spreadsheet coding. :)

I whole heartily agree.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

futrtrubl

Explorer
I'd go a bit further, if it is a weapon using an unusual stat (hexblade or shilelegh or something similar) =ProfBonus+MAX(WISMod,STRMod) or finesse =ProfBonus+MAX(CHAMod,DEXMod,STRMod).

I have a 3rd level paladin, who should have 3-1st level spell slots. I can put in the oath spells and the prepared spells, but I don't have any spell slots. It says #N/A for all the spell levels. I think that the sheet is basing the number of slots I should get off of my spellcaster level(1.5 which rounds down to 1) instead of my paladin level(3). In the PHB on Page 83 it has a table for how many spell slots paladins get, I may be reading it wrong, but I think it is based off Paladin level.

Thanks for putting in all your time, I hate writing in pencil, and this makes it easy to write in pen, update my sheet on my computer and print out a fresh one when I need to.

Last edited:

Tonemack

First Post
Given that the revised Ranger will not be included into the sheet, any advice as to how I create the revised Hunter Conclave as a subclass please?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I have a 3rd level paladin, who should have 3-1st level spell slots. I can put in the oath spells and the prepared spells, but I don't have any spell slots. It says #N/A for all the spell levels. I think that the sheet is basing the number of slots I should get off of my spellcaster level(1.5 which rounds down to 1) instead of my paladin level(3). In the PHB on Page 83 it has a table for how many spell slots paladins get, I may be reading it wrong, but I think it is based off Paladin level.

Thanks for putting in all your time, I hate writing in pencil, and this makes it easy to write in pen, update my sheet on my computer and print out a fresh one when I need to.

I've tried a 3rd level Paladin in the latest build I am using (build 11) and can't replicate the error. Which version (e.g. v2.00 Beta 10) and what's your total levels and classes? There was a bug in previous versions regarding the spell level calculation and #N/A or incorrect slots.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
I've tried a 3rd level Paladin in the latest build I am using (build 11) and can't replicate the error. Which version (e.g. v2.00 Beta 10) and what's your total levels and classes? There was a bug in previous versions regarding the spell level calculation and #N/A or incorrect slots.

How do you have Beta 11? Beta 10 is the latest version and that was released on 1 Feb.

Dannyboy7702

First Post

Please ignore my last post and accept my apologies. I didn't realize you wrote the post, I thought someone else posted it. SansMoins set me straight. Again, my apologies.

Remove ads