D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Mtlazz

First Post
Hi there! Long-time fan, first-time comment.
I noticed that the Gladiator background keeps referring to "By Popular Demand," which is for the entertainer. It makes an interesting character, but shouldn't the gladiator background be "Contact" and have a different set of traits, bonds, flaws, etc?
Thank you,
mtlazz

Conandar

Explorer
Ok thanks, will need more details. Class levels (which is 1st class), and subclasses. Do you have custom subclasses?

For the Fighter / Warlock, the character is a female black dragonborn, using a standard array (13, 14, 12, 8, 10, 15). The classes are 1st level Fighter and 2nd-6th levels Warlock. The warlock sub-class is Pact of the Blade. Alignment is lawful evil. The ASI @ 4th level Warlock is +2 Charisma.

For the Fighter / Ranger, the character is a male variant human, using the standard array (14, 15, 12, 8, 13, 10 with Dex and Wis getting +1 each). The classes are 1st level Fighter and 2nd-6th levels Ranger. The ranger sub-class is Hunter-Horde Breaker. Alignment is neutral good. The ASI @ 4th level Ranger is +2 Dexterity.

We do not use hero points or variant encumbrance, but do allow variant humans.

Do you need any further details?

(These characters work as expected in v2.00b10, so something that was changed after that is causing the trouble.)

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
Hi there! Long-time fan, first-time comment.
I noticed that the Gladiator background keeps referring to "By Popular Demand," which is for the entertainer. It makes an interesting character, but shouldn't the gladiator background be "Contact" and have a different set of traits, bonds, flaws, etc?
Thank you,
mtlazz

The Gladiator background is an Entertainer option. (PHB, p. 131) It makes sense, since gladiators fought (and died) to please the emperor and the crowds, though they themselves were little more than slaves..

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 2.00 Beta Build 15 Released!

Download here >> ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

A few fast fixes for some of the recent bugs found and some tweaking. Hoping this fixes the warlock issues as I can't replicate on my side with this build. Let me know if there are any issues!

Thank you to everyone who provides feedback to refine and improve this character generator, keep the bug fixes and awesome ideas coming

As always have fun!

Cheers
ForgedAnvil

Show your support, buy me a beer with
PayPal

Download the community FAQ here >>ForgedAnvil’s D&D 5E Character Generator v2.00 FAQ / Instructions for Use. Thanks to flwad
Take a moment and rate thisif you like it, thank you!

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
For the Fighter / Warlock, the character is a female black dragonborn, using a standard array (13, 14, 12, 8, 10, 15). The classes are 1st level Fighter and 2nd-6th levels Warlock. The warlock sub-class is Pact of the Blade. Alignment is lawful evil. The ASI @ 4th level Warlock is +2 Charisma.

For the Fighter / Ranger, the character is a male variant human, using the standard array (14, 15, 12, 8, 13, 10 with Dex and Wis getting +1 each). The classes are 1st level Fighter and 2nd-6th levels Ranger. The ranger sub-class is Hunter-Horde Breaker. Alignment is neutral good. The ASI @ 4th level Ranger is +2 Dexterity.

We do not use hero points or variant encumbrance, but do allow variant humans.

Do you need any further details?

(These characters work as expected in v2.00b10, so something that was changed after that is causing the trouble.)

Tried replicating this issue with the new build 15 but can't. if the error persists I'll send you a pm to ask for a copy of the character to troubleshoot :)

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Forged,

Not sure what you did, but the spells are now showing back up for the custom subclass for the Warlock. I will get the sheet a thorough check and let you know. Otherwise, great job!!!

Conandar

Explorer
It occurred to me that one of the changes I make with every release may be relevant. I set various options to what my group uses, I set starting XP to 0, I enter my name and set the character to "Tester", and I reset the custom page.

This time I imported my Fighter / Warlock without doing any of the afore mentioned changes first, and the spell dropdowns worked and the CS3 entries were fine. Then, on an inspiration, I cleared the Custom page (the only thing that would not have been changed by the import)....and everything went to hell....spell dropdowns went blank and CS3 turned to all #N/As again. So, something with the custom page, when being cleared, is causing the trouble. So I started with a blank beta 15 and imported my fighter / warlock again. Then I went to the custom page and started manually clearing entries, one entry at a time. Everything was working fine until I cleared (Set to Select...) the class of Subclass 1, at which time the blank dropdowns and #N/As appeared again.

Hope this helps to track down the problem.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
It occurred to me that one of the changes I make with every release may be relevant. I set various options to what my group uses, I set starting XP to 0, I enter my name and set the character to "Tester", and I reset the custom page.

This time I imported my Fighter / Warlock without doing any of the afore mentioned changes first, and the spell dropdowns worked and the CS3 entries were fine. Then, on an inspiration, I cleared the Custom page (the only thing that would not have been changed by the import)....and everything went to hell....spell dropdowns went blank and CS3 turned to all #N/As again. So, something with the custom page, when being cleared, is causing the trouble. So I started with a blank beta 15 and imported my fighter / warlock again. Then I went to the custom page and started manually clearing entries, one entry at a time. Everything was working fine until I cleared (Set to Select...) the class of Subclass 1, at which time the blank dropdowns and #N/As appeared again.

Hope this helps to track down the problem.

Found this issue and fixed in build 16, thanks for the detailed troubleshooting- helped immensely

johnsolo

Explorer
Version 2.00 Build15 - Magic Initiate Feat is broken, no spells show up after any class is selected for all subsequent dropdowns.

Last edited:

Remove ads