• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
V1.39 is released

Version 1.39 released.

Re-added the Elemental Evil skin with higher resolution images. This should print in PDF and in ink, let me know if you have issues.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Implementing Factions better into the tool. For V1.40. Option to use or not on Start sheet

Dropdown lists are now available, select the Faction (or type your own) and Faction Rank (list created based on Faction selection, or type your own) in Character Sheet IV

In addition, all Faction symbols are now available in the Selection Pane (under the Page Layout ribbon), make visible the one you want and hide the others. You can also "replace" the image with one of your own.

Below is the example character Zenith with the Harpers Faction logo and detail.

Factions.png

whump

First Post
ForgedAnvil, are you planning to include a way to export/display a standard D&D style monster stat block in addition to the full character sheets?

This would be useful for quickly making custom NPCs who don't need as much detail as PCs, or also for making very detailed NPCs like recurring adversaries and the like.

No problem if not - this is already an amazing piece of work you have here!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil, are you planning to include a way to export/display a standard D&D style monster stat block in addition to the full character sheets?

This would be useful for quickly making custom NPCs who don't need as much detail as PCs, or also for making very detailed NPCs like recurring adversaries and the like.

No problem if not - this is already an amazing piece of work you have here!

No plans as yet, adding features for PCs at the moment. Might do so at a later time though

Tozjia

First Post
Hey Forged, I found another oddity with the Transfer Utility. It seems to not want to transfer the Attack 4 Override Name. Everything else from the Attack 4 override transfers without problem.

Also, when I add the Magic Initiate feat, I see that the 2 cantrips are added to the spell sheet, but not the single 1st level spell. When added, it shows up as "red". No true issue, just didn't know if that hadn't been implemented as of yet. Also I see the area when you can pick the casting class, though not 100% certain where that is coming into play on the character sheets.

Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication to his project.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hey Forged, I found another oddity with the Transfer Utility. It seems to not want to transfer the Attack 4 Override Name. Everything else from the Attack 4 override transfers without problem.

Also, when I add the Magic Initiate feat, I see that the 2 cantrips are added to the spell sheet, but not the single 1st level spell. When added, it shows up as "red". No true issue, just didn't know if that hadn't been implemented as of yet. Also I see the area when you can pick the casting class, though not 100% certain where that is coming into play on the character sheets.

Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication to his project.

Thanks for the feedback, found the issue with the Transfer Tool. (well spotted) Corrected in V1.40

The magic initiate feat casting class only shows the Class selected, Spellcasting Ability and DC in the Race, Background, Class & Feats area.

Corrected Magic Initiate Level 1 spell prepared and known for v1.40

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
V1.40 Released

Added Faction, Faction Rank and Renown in Character Sheet IV (option to use on Start Sheet)
In addition, users can select the Faction symbol from the Selection Pane (turn visible the one you want and hide the others). Users can also change the image to their own symbol

Anhelios

First Post
Hi. I don't use Excel. I use the openoffice, and it all works fine. My request is a character sheet just as a pdf for all the blank pages as well as one for adding honor and sanity if possible. :)

Sorenson

Explorer
Someone mentioned upthread that the draconic resilience for sorcerers appeared to be adding HP correctly to the class when leveling but I don't think it is. It is supposed to add 1 HP per level when you take a level in sorcerer but when I leveled a sorcerer with 48 HP and 16 CON (+3 modifier) it only added the 3 from CON for a total of 51 and not 52 (minus whatever they roll for HP).

*Edit*

I just tried this again in v1.40 (was using 1.39) and it is working as designed. Thanks!

Last edited:

Remove ads