D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Very nice. Looking at taking a group of people through a campaign in a few weeks that have never played the new edition, this should help a bunch. Any chance of getting the abilities generation points method in there as an option? or the chart for it shown in the same area.

Thanks for the feedback. Added Variant Ability Scores option in V1.41. 27 points, Ability Score limited to 15 max

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
cdavis77 said:
This is a great sheet. Well setup. I seem to have found a couple bugs but overall excellent work

1. Armor and Weapon weights are not auto added to weight carried. I could ust add them to "equipment" but the weights are already being autofilled from the dropdown list..
2. Can't manually change Initiative. Would like to be able to have another "other" cell that can be manually filled. I had a sorcerer add an enchantment to my greatsword, it adds +2 to initiative (and has a downside that it disgusts me, holding it makes me want to puke...bad roll)

That's it, great work guys!!

Thanks for the feedback.

1. For adding weights automatically to the Gear section it would require a macro, I'm avoiding macros to optimize the compatibility of the tool for Excel iOS, Android, Win10 touch etc as these platforms don't support VBA. However in the gear section of Character Sheet II under weight, you may use the formula =ArmorWeight for your selected armor it will return the correct weight value of the armor you have selected in the Armor section (though does not help for other armor you maybe carrying or have in your stash), likewise for Attack1 use =Attack1Weight for the weight of the weapon etc... you can also override the weight for each one in the Start sheet.

An example (Armor) of the complete named formula list you may use in calculated cells is:

ArmorName
ArmorGroup
ArmorProf
ArmorAC
ArmorDEXmod
ArmorStrength
ArmorStealth
ArmorWeight
ArmorProps

So in the Gear section of Character Sheet II you can type in the Item column =ArmorName, and Weight column =ArmorWeight so it always updates based on the armor you are wearing (i.e. selected in the armor section). The transfer tool will also carry these formulas over to the new version

2. The adjustment for initiative has yet to be implemented, something to think about in future versions - possibly V1.41. As a side note, some magical items give advantage to initiative rolls, one gives a d10 and none give a straight +n bonus. Will implement a initiative adjust (+3,+2,+1,0,-1,-2,-3) but something to think about in the 5e rules (unlike previous versions)

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
morepurplemorebetter said:
Besides making a very nifty character sheet you had the bright idea of shamelessly asking people to upvote your work. I'm stealing this if you don't mind Keep up the good work!

Thanks! No worries with the up vote idea, have fun!

Warunsun

First Post
Bug: Present in current v1.40 and last couple of versions the Custom Race section is not transferring the bonus to Charisma. Thanks again for this sheet.

Remove ads