D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Kevin Melby

First Post
I just want the cell Fill Color to be something that I can see. Off Yellow doesn't show up well against a white background unless I tilt my laptop screen way back. ForgedAnvil, thanks for all you work on this spreadsheet. It's a great tool for AL, and I suggest it a lot to people who have trouble with keeping records. Could you please make a change to the sheets to allow us to change the color of the fillable cells to something more noticeable, like a light blue or purple?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I just want the cell Fill Color to be something that I can see. Off Yellow doesn't show up well against a white background unless I tilt my laptop screen way back. ForgedAnvil, thanks for all you work on this spreadsheet. It's a great tool for AL, and I suggest it a lot to people who have trouble with keeping records. Could you please make a change to the sheets to allow us to change the color of the fillable cells to something more noticeable, like a light blue or purple?

Updated all inputs cells to a light blue in the next version

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
V2.26, 2nd level
Classes taken: Cleric, Cleric. Divine Domain: Nature
On Character Sheet I,
Under 'actions', the Channel Divinity option for the Nature domain does not show up.
It only shows a generic 'Channel Divinity [CD] (see detail)' and the 'Turn undead' option, but not the 'Charm Animals and Plants' option gained from the Nature domain.

I tried searching the thread but nothing showed up about this yet.

Fixed in next version

Conandar

Explorer
Updated all inputs cells to a light blue in the next version

I just want to thank FA for this change, it will make this program that much easier for me to use. While I am not technically color blind, ever since the stroke some color combinations are very hard to see (I have to select the text in question to be able to read it at all.) Low contrast combinations, such as light yellow on white and purple/violet on black, are two examples.

First off, let me just say thank you for such an incredibly detailed, yet easy to work with sheet. I've encountered just two small things:
1) For the first time, I've added some custom data. I added a custom Paladin Oath, but I'm unable to get the Oath Spells to display on the Start sheet or Sheet IV. They do, however, properly populate on the Spellcasting sheets. (Like I said, trivial.)
2) I'm leveling up my paladin to see how things display so I can format them correctly and I noticed, the Oath selection and Fighting Style selection are staying greyed out. I don't believe I'm missing any steps, but I could have overlooked something.

Edit: Version 2.22
Edit 2: same issues in 2.26

Last edited:

Mxhockey4

First Post
On the text not fitting here when it runs out of space issue: I'm playing a rogue 2 / warlock 6 and I am already out of space in the summary box.

I've been trying to think of solutions all year. I'm not a power excel user like you. But what if text overlap in this cell generated an additional cell somewhere else in the sheet. OR what if the layout (maybe for 3.0) were to be altered so that The Sumary is a stand alone sheet. That would give you some extra room on this sheet for new features introduced in supplements up to and including xanarhar. Or just to make the current sheets roomier.

I realize re-linking cell addresses is a huge pain in the purple worm, but it would give you a whole page and even account for overrides to be a standalone sheet. Or maybe it's a bigger road block than I can understand.

Either way, I really appreciate your contribution to the game. I'll try (as everyone should) to remember to buy you a beer or few on PayPal for your efforts when I'm near a computer.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
On the text not fitting here when it runs out of space issue: I'm playing a rogue 2 / warlock 6 and I am already out of space in the summary box.

I've been trying to think of solutions all year. I'm not a power excel user like you. But what if text overlap in this cell generated an additional cell somewhere else in the sheet. OR what if the layout (maybe for 3.0) were to be altered so that The Sumary is a stand alone sheet. That would give you some extra room on this sheet for new features introduced in supplements up to and including xanarhar. Or just to make the current sheets roomier.

I realize re-linking cell addresses is a huge pain in the purple worm, but it would give you a whole page and even account for overrides to be a standalone sheet. Or maybe it's a bigger road block than I can understand.

Either way, I really appreciate your contribution to the game. I'll try (as everyone should) to remember to buy you a beer or few on PayPal for your efforts when I'm near a computer.

Try unchecking the All Details box on the Start sheet first - this will removed extraneous detail once your character is created (things like stat adjustments, languages etc which are shown on CSI)

Conandar

Explorer
I'm trying to level up my Ranger but the health is displaying as ## How do I fix this?

We are going to need more information than what you have provided already to help here. What version of the program are you using (v2.26 is the latest available as of this post). Are you using an official character class, or a homebrew/unearthed arcana class? Does this happen at level 1 or not until a particular level is gained? The more relevant details you can provides, the more likely that we can help you.

Conandar

Explorer
Try unchecking the All Details box on the Start sheet first - this will removed extraneous detail once your character is created (things like stat adjustments, languages etc which are shown on CSI)

Good call. Personally I typically uncheck All Details and Background, and that generally leaves plenty of room for most classes / builds. If that isn't enough, I reduce the point size of that window. Of course, I can't do that on the Start page, but it does work where it really matters. (The window starts with a point size of 14, and in my experience going lower than 7 makes it completely unreadable.)

Remove ads