D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ratdebois

Villager
AHAH!!! I'm running Excel 2007, so that's the problem. Duly noted; I will make it a point to just click on the cell beneath the race. I just checked it out, and it's there. Like you said, it just doesn't show on my older version. I had totally forgotten what version I was running, actually.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was about to just go in and make the subraces all custom races. Your help is appreciated!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Well, thanks for your time ForgedAnvil! It could be superb if the Character sheet were traslated to Spanish, my friends read English with more or less success, but for some of them a Spanish traslated Character sheet...well it coul be like Christmass time :)

Thank you!

Okay, so far I've been asked for Italian and Spanish. What I recommend to you is create an Excel list. Create one column of the English words used in Character Sheet I (only translate the words used in a blank Character Sheet I) and the next column of the translated Spanish words. For the small font sizes, try to have the Spanish word the same number of characters (or less) at the English word (as best you can) to ensure the words fit in the cell size. Let's see how we go as a first step.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
AHAH!!! I'm running Excel 2007, so that's the problem. Duly noted; I will make it a point to just click on the cell beneath the race. I just checked it out, and it's there. Like you said, it just doesn't show on my older version. I had totally forgotten what version I was running, actually.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was about to just go in and make the subraces all custom races. Your help is appreciated!

Cool, adjusted "hidden" options (such as subrace) to be grayed out in version 1.46

Eldritch Knight Spell Oversight?

I have an eldritch knight in my campaign and when entering his spells we found what might be an oversight. It seems that the Character Generator will only let him choose abjuration and evocation spells, while the PHB says only two of his original three spell need to be from those classes. (ref. pg.75, Spellcasting, Spells known at 1st level and higher.) Any help on this would be appreciated. Is it an oversight or am I missing something else.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Eldritch Knight Spell Oversight?

I have an eldritch knight in my campaign and when entering his spells we found what might be an oversight. It seems that the Character Generator will only let him choose abjuration and evocation spells, while the PHB says only two of his original three spell need to be from those classes. (ref. pg.75, Spellcasting, Spells known at 1st level and higher.) Any help on this would be appreciated. Is it an oversight or am I missing something else.

This works as intended. The list of spells is limited to Evo and Abj Wizard spells as the majority of the spells are chosen from these 2 schools for the Eldritch Knight. For Wizard spells outside of these 2 schools users will need to type the name of the spell (at 3rd, 8th, 14th and 20th level). This is something that I could add to the top of the Spellcasting sheet for both the Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster

MAndersen

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, implementing the options above are certainly possible.

Option 1 I'm not 100% sure on what you mean. Do you mean starting equipment? More detail required.
Implementing option 2 would require a macro, something I am avoiding though to maintain compatibility with other Excel versions across different platforms.
Implementing option 3, the list would only be a drop down and not automatically populate the weight. It would be just as fast for most items to type in by hand, but still useful for touch based devices and for convenience

Thank you for the response!

what I mean:

each class has has a list of starting gear, usually with 2-4 options (a. Any simple weapon or b. A scimitar)

Additionally, each background also comes with an equipment set.

It it would be nice if there were a box to check/uncheck to toggle whether you were starting with one of these sets, or starting "naked, with gold".

I believe the list could populate other fields much like your weapon and armor sections currently do. I note that the skills, tools, and languages all function much like an equipment section would. . . I think. I am a Public Defender, not a programmer so I might be completely wrong. (Honestly, I would be more surprised if I were correct than if I were wrong)

It would also be nice to have drop down gear selection. I use your sheets on an iPhone, and inputting text can be difficult, as you noted.

Thanks again,
Mike

This works as intended. The list of spells is limited to Evo and Abj Wizard spells as the majority of the spells are chosen from these 2 schools for the Eldritch Knight. For Wizard spells outside of these 2 schools users will need to type the name of the spell (at 3rd, 8th, 14th and 20th level). This is something that I could add to the top of the Spellcasting sheet for both the Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster

Thank you very much! That is an easy enough work around. Thank you for your quick response and for all your work.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thank you for the response!

what I mean:

each class has has a list of starting gear, usually with 2-4 options (a. Any simple weapon or b. A scimitar)

Additionally, each background also comes with an equipment set.

It it would be nice if there were a box to check/uncheck to toggle whether you were starting with one of these sets, or starting "naked, with gold".

I believe the list could populate other fields much like your weapon and armor sections currently do. I note that the skills, tools, and languages all function much like an equipment section would. . . I think. I am a Public Defender, not a programmer so I might be completely wrong. (Honestly, I would be more surprised if I were correct than if I were wrong)

It would also be nice to have drop down gear selection. I use your sheets on an iPhone, and inputting text can be difficult, as you noted.

Thanks again,
Mike

Hi Mike, I understand better now. For the equipment sets for background and class, a macro would be needed (and wouldn't work on iOS or Android). What I can implement is a list of all the adventuring gear as a dropdown list in the Gear section of Character Sheet II. This would allow free text (for full flexibility) as well as selecting a particular item - what it won't do is fill in the weight of the item as this is a free text field for any value to be entered (a number a least). I'll implement this for version 1.46 (work in progress)

If you open the Example character, I am using some formulas in the gear section to automatically list the name and weight of my armor and weapons I am using for attacks - so if the armor changes it changes in the gear section automatically. There are many named values within the tool that you can use (e.g. Proficiency Bonus is ProfBonus, Name of Armor used is ArmorName, Weight of Armor used is ArmorWeight etc.). You can use these named values in a formula in a cell. E.g. type in a cell =ArmorName would show the name of your Armor you are using or =Attack1Name would show the name of the weapon you are using as Attack 1. The complete list can be viewed under Formulas > Name Manager

palikhov

Ukrainian
For the equipment sets for background and class, a macro would be needed (and wouldn't work on iOS or Android).

Nope. It can be done only with for Excel Formulas and drop-down lists. But yes, these formulas is very monstrous.

*sorry for mistakes, English isn't my native language and i can't say i know it very well.

Remove ads