• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

That turned it into a +5. What is that actually doing?[/QUOTE

=19-SUM(T18:AO18,H18)

19:
The value you want your strength to be no matter what else you do. If you get a better magic item later, change this value to match the desired final Strength score.

SUM(T18:AO18,H18):
Finding the value of your existing strength. H18 is your starting ability score. T18:AO18 is the value for ASI gains at each level if you took any.

The formula didn't work because I left out Racial Modifiers. My bad.

Try this instead:
=19-SUM(N18:AO18,H18)

Conandar

Explorer
Because the character generator doesn't automatically support magical items that require changes beyond listing it on CSII, except the most basic magic weapons and armor, they can be a bit messy to work with. A different ability score? Some changes can be dealt with using Start page overrides, and there are a few overrides on the Spellcasting page, as well. There are even a few magic items that just have to be noted somewhere, like an item that makes you grown a full beard every day, or one that changes a stat for only certain targets (+2 Charisma when dealing with dwarves, for example) - there is no way to note that on the Start sheet!

Lets say that we have a magic Longsword with a +1 to hit and damage, but against goblins that was doubled to +2. One way to deal with it would use two weapon slots on the Start page, one for the normal +1 and the other for the +2 for the special case. I would then override the name to something like "Longsword +2 (vs. Goblins)" If that same sword also glows blue if any goblins are within 60 feet of the sword, there is no place on the Start sheet to note that and instead I would make a note on CSIV or CSV about this effect.

Conandar

Explorer
How legal would it be to create a torrent of v2.27 and has this been done already? I have the excel sheet v2.27.

I imagine that Hasbro wouldn't like it, but can they do anything about it? Hard to send legal nasty notes if they can't find people to send them to, but law enforcement has their ways.

Conandar

Explorer
v2.27 Bug Report
Made a Tortle character 1 Cleric (War) 19 Druid (Land-Grassland). The generator gave me the Cleric 1st level domain spell, but not the Druid 1st level Circle spells (but did give me 2nd through 5th level Circle spells). Pretty sure this is a bug, but not 100% certain. I though maybe it is a bug related to the custome page race (Tortle), but a Mountain Dwarf has the same issue.
cleric Druid error.jpg

v2.27 Bug Report
Made a Tortle character 1 Cleric (War) 19 Druid (Land-Grassland). The generator gave me the Cleric 1st level domain spell, but not the Druid 1st level Circle spells (but did give me 2nd through 5th level Circle spells). Pretty sure this is a bug, but not 100% certain. I though maybe it is a bug related to the custome page race (Tortle), but a Mountain Dwarf has the same issue.
View attachment 96286

This is correct. Druids don't have 1st level Circle Spells. You have supplied an excellent example of why this tool still requires proper book ownership!

Remove ads